Here in the south, it doesn’t take long for spring to morph right into a summer filled with showers, soirees, shindigs, and Sunday suppers. And we need more than iced tea to beat the heat. That’s when we pull out our favorite punch recipes!
Every southerner has her favorite punch recipe! So I’m sharing my favorites today. We can’t keep all the good stuff hidden, now can we?
1. Mocha Punch
Mocha Punch has to be my very favorite punch. And it’s the one punch that I make all year long. It’s what I serve for brunch, alongside cinnamon rolls on Thanksgiving and Christmas mornings. It’s also my most requested recipe. You can find my most requested Mocha Punch recipe here!
2. Golden Punch
I’ve made this punch for many wedding receptions over the years and everyone loves it!
- 5 lbs. sugar
- 3 cans frozen orange juice
- 4 cans frozen lemonade
- 3 lg. cans pineapple juice
- 2 quarts ginger ale
- Follow directions on the back of the orange juice and lemonade cans. Add an additional 2 quarts water. Mix well and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Pour mixture into a large punch bowl. Stir in ginger ale just before serving. Serves 100.
Amount Per Serving Calories 129Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 0gSugar 31gProtein 0g
3. Rainbow Jello Punch
This is the punch made with sherbet – whatever flavor/color you need and was a favorite of my children when they were growing up. Oh, who’s kidding, it’s still a favorite with my children.
Rainbow Punch Recipe
- 1 (3 oz.) package of your favorite jello gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (46 oz.) can unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups ReaLemon lemon juice
- 1 (32 oz.) bottle club soda, chilled
- 1 pt. sherbet (to match the color of the jello)
4. Crystal Light Diet Punch
This is the perfect punch for bridesmaid luncheons, bridal showers or anytime you must be able to fit into an outfit and can’t afford to gain an ounce.
Crystal Light Diet Punch Recipe
It’s so simple: You will need:
- 1 two-quart size Crystal Light package
- 2-liter Sprite Zero (OR diet ginger ale)
Combine Crystal Light with water according to directions on the packaging.
When ready to serve, add Sprite Zero (or substitute diet ginger ale for the sprite). Double as needed. It’s light, refreshing, and easy!
5. Faux Pink Champagne
This is the punch to serve when you need something fancy schmancy! Get the easy recipe for Faux Pink Champagne!
More Favorite Punch Recipes!
What’s your very favorite punch?
Originally posted June 2014 and updated June 2021