Imagine, if you will, my surprise and delight when I found out that I had been nominated for The Liebster Award. I was nominated by the fabulous Liga from Liga’s Sweet Creations. Thanks, bunches!!
What in the world is a Liebster Award? I have to admit that I didn’t know, either. So I did some quick research. “Liebster” is a German word for “Sweetheart” or “Dearest”. The Liebster Award is given to new, up-and-coming blogs, and then certain blogging protocol is followed:
- Thank your nominator. Include a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator.
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers. No tag backs!
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let your nominees know that you nominated them so they, too, can pass on the love!
Ready? Set! Go!
These are my answers to the questions that Liga posed to me!
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I was constantly being asked for recipes, decorating ideas and party planning tips. I woke up early one morning with the idea of starting a blog swirling around in my head and I’m so glad I did!
2. If you could have dinner anywhere in the world, where and what would you eat?
Hum . . . that’s a toughie! Alinea in Chicago (I read somewhere that it is one of the top restaurants in the world)!
3. What would you do with a Million dollars?
If I had a million dollars . . . I would tithe to my church, give to the missions we support in Haiti, give to our children and grandchildren and if there is anything left (lol) I would buy a beachfront condo!
4. What is one thing you hope that your children will remember about you?
That I spent time with them and loved them with all of my heart.
5. What is your favorite quote?
My very favorite quote is from the Bible – Matthew 6:33, But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
6.Imagine you are being sent to a deserted island..What are 5 things you would take with you and why?
I would take my Bible so that I could read God’s word on a daily basis. Lip gloss – because I can’t live without it. Sunscreen, so that I won’t look like an old leather handbag. Water, to stay hydrated. Can I take my family? Can’t live without them, either!
7. What do you wish you did better?
Make biscuits like my mom. Mine are good, but hers are better!
8. What are you reading right now?
Dead Sleep by Greg Iles. It was my mystery/suspense/thriller beach read this past week and I’m almost finished.
9. What is one thing you never want to forget?
To have loved and been loved (Is that cheesy?)
10. What is your favorite musician or band?
I have many! I love music! And my favorite changes all the time.
11. What quality do you have that others love about you?
It would have to be my sense of humor. I don’t try to have one. I just do!
Eleven Facts About Me!
- I have five children, four grandsons and one husband.
- I love frozen boiled peanuts and frozen red seedless grapes, not necessarily at the same time.
- I love to travel but I also love to be at home.
- I can’t sing. At all. But I love to make a joyful noise.
- Reading is a passion. When I’m reading, I’m there. Just ask my kids.
- I’m the middle child in my family. I have two older brothers, one younger sister and one younger brother.
- Serving others brings me great satisfaction.
- I’m a perfectionist. There. I admit it. And I’m always
on time, OK, early for everything. I got it from my parents and just can’t help it.
- Spray paint and a tape measure are two of my best friends.
- Spending time with my grandsons is like a taste of heaven on earth!
- I love to plan and execute a good party! And I always take note of what worked and what didn’t!
I’m spreading some love and nominating:
Stacey @ http://www.chasingcloud9.com/
Luanne @ http://winterpastmoments.com/
My questions for my nominees:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
2. What are your top three hobbies?
3. What are you reading?
4. Why do you blog?
5. Favorite dessert?
6. Favorite beverage?
7. Do you have an exercise routine? Why or why not?
8. If you could have dinner with any celebrity, who would it be and why?
9. What’s your favorite television show?
10. Of all the cities you’ve visited, which is your very favorite?
11. When people think about you, what is the one thing that you hope comes to their mind?