Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies will add just the right touch to my dessert buffet table at Thanksgiving. But you don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving to make these adorable cookies. They are the perfect way to welcome fall.
Nutter Butter Acorns are so cute and tasty. The kids will love getting in on the action because these acorns are fun to make and eat.
A rainy fall day is a great time to gather the kids in the kitchen to make these cookies. My grandkids love to help me cook and this is an easy way to get them involved. Of course, there’s actually no cooking involved with making these easy acorn cookies.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make Nutter Butter Acorns
- Nutter Butter cookies
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- coconut oil
- pretzel pieces (for stems)
- chocolate sprinkles
How To Make Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside. Cut 15 Nutter Butter cookies in half and place them on the baking sheet.
Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat for 30-second intervals until the chocolate is fully melted.
Dip the cut end of the cookie into the melted chocolate. Place a small piece of pretzel in the chocolate end for the stem.
Dip the chocolate end of the cookie into the sprinkles.
Place dipped cookies on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet until the chocolate has set. You can store leftovers in the fridge or in an airtight container at room temperature for several days.
Wasn’t that easy?
You Will Also Love These Recipes and Craft Ideas!
- Kid-Friendly Christmas Crafts
- Homemade Chocolate Frosting
- Macadamia Nut Brownies
- Owl Cupcakes
- 2-Ingredient German Chocolate Fudge
- Kid-Friendly Pumpkin Crafts
- 1 package of Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 30 pretzel pieces for stems
- ½ cup chocolate sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Cut 15 Nutter Butter cookies in half and place them on the baking sheet.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat for an additional 30 seconds or until chocolate is fully melted.
- Dip the cut end of the cookie into the chocolate. Place a small piece of pretzel in the chocolate end to make a stem.
- Dip the chocolate end of the cookie into the sprinkles.
- Place the dipped cookies on parchment paper to set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 158Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 1mgSodium 355mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 3g