This shop, Cheesy Artichoke Stuffed Italian Bread, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareACokeHuddleUp #CollectiveBias
Are you ready for some college football? I am! It’s that time of the year again and I’m pulling out all my favorite game day recipes, including Cheesy Artichoke Stuffed Italian Bread.
On any given fall weekend, you’ll find my family huddled together in the great room watching our favorite college teams. Here in the south, football party foods are just as important as the game itself.
Share A Coke Is Back At Walmart
I’m thrilled that Share A Coke is back at Walmart with even more offerings! We can now purchase bottles of Coca-Cola® and Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar with our family’s favorite football team logos! I can Share a Coke with my favorite team and also buy the 20 oz. Coca-Cola® bottles featuring first names. There are over 1,000 unique first names!
You can find the Coca-Cola® and Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar with your favorite football team logos and new names in bins or refrigerators in the front of the store. Walmart always has everything I need for my fall football homegating parties, including the ingredients for my Cheesy Artichoke Stuffed Italian Bread and all our favorite party foods.
I almost purchased my favorite team bottles only. But to be fair to the entire family, I grabbed all of our favorites. We’re a house divided when it comes to our favorite college football teams, but we’re all Coca-Cola® fans. At least we agree on something.
I may get the mother-in-law of the year award when my son-in-law, David, spies his name on his favorite Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar bottles.
My family is going to love the cheesy bread I’m preparing for our college football viewing party. A cheese mixture filled with chopped artichoke hearts is spooned into hollowed-out Italian bread. Then I sprinkle a little cheddar to top and bake until the cheese is bubbly and the bread is crispy. It’s so good!
Cheesy Artichoke Stuffed Italian Bread
Cut a thin slice off the top of a loaf of Italian bread.
Pull out the soft center and sauté the bread pieces in butter and garlic. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
In a separate bowl, mix together sour cream, Monterey Jack and Parmesan cheeses, chopped artichoke hearts, and black pepper.
Combine the cheese mixture with the sauteed bread and garlic. Gently mix it all together.
Fill the bread shell with the stuffing mixture. Sprinkle the top with cheddar cheese.
Bake at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Allow the stuffed bread to cool slightly before slicing.
- 1 loaf Italian bread (about 14 oz.)
- 3/4 stick butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (6 oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- Cut a thin slice off the top of the Italian bread loaf. Remove the soft center. In a skillet on medium heat, sauté the pieces of bread with the butter and garlic for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together sour cream, Monterey Jack & Parmesan cheeses, chopped artichoke hearts, and black pepper. Mix the cheese mixture with the bread/garlic mixture.
- Fill the bread shell and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Bake at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Allow bread to cool slightly before slicing.
Amount Per Serving Calories 343Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 57mgSodium 611mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 12g
Gameday is all about good food, good friends and enjoying a Coca-Cola® with my favorite team!