This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PaceTacoNight #CollectiveBias
Mexican Lasagna has big, bold flavors! Zesty ground beef, Mexican cheese, and black beans are layered between tender lasagna. It’s a winning combination of my favorite foods and Taco Tuesday just got a whole lot better.
Monday’s are for getting back into the flow of the workweek. Tuesday’s are for tacos and Mexican Lasagna. Yep – I combined two of my favorites – Lasagna and Spicy Ground Beef – to create a masterpiece worthy of any Taco Tuesday night.
My Mexican Lasagna features layers of spicy ground beef, black beans, Mexican cheese, and tender lasagna. My secret ingredient is Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium. Pace® has a bold kick of flavor and is made with the freshest ingredients.
For your convenience, you can hover over the photo below to click through and purchase the items!
You’ll always find Pace® Chunky Salsa and Pace® Picante Sauce hanging out in my fridge. Taco Tuesday wouldn’t be the same without America’s Favorite Salsa for Tacos.
When I first created this dish and added it to my Taco Tuesday menu, I invited the entire family over. I thought they’d be leftovers for the next day. Before the meal was over, my grown kids were calling dibs on the leftovers, just like they did when they were younger.
Taco Tuesday Calls For A Little Southwest Flair
Whenever I host Taco Tuesdays, I like to add a little southwestern flavor to my table. An adorable table runner, a set of dishes that were passed down to me from my grandmother and a few succulents sets the mood for some good food, good fun and good times.
How To Make Mexican Lasagna
Walmart has everything you need to make Mexican Lasagna. I found the Pace® Chunky Salsa on the spice aisle at my local Walmart.
Gather The Ingredients for Mexican Lasagna
I like to gather all the ingredients for my recipe before I start browning the meat. Cooking dinner is so much easier when I’ve got everything together.
Make the Meat Sauce
Brown two pounds of ground beef and a diced onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain the beef and onion mixture.
Add 1-1/2 cups of Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium.
Helpful Hint: Buy two jars of Pace® because you will want to have plenty on hand to serve alongside the lasagna.
Add one can of undrained black beans. Stir until combined.
Boil the Pasta
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. You’ll need nine sheets. After I boil the pasta and drain it, I lay the sheets flat on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. That way, the pasta doesn’t get clumpy.
Assemble the Mexican Lasagna
Spread a thin layer of meat sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
Place three lasagna sheets on top of the meat sauce.
Spread another layer of meat sauce. Then add a layer of shredded Mexican cheese.
Repeat two more times. Top with cheese.
Bake the Mexican Lasagna
Bake the Lasagna, tightly covered in foil, for 20 minutes at 375ºF. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into squares to serve.
Helpful Hint: Spray the underside of the foil before covering the lasagna pan. That way, the melted cheese will stay on the lasagna and not stick to the foil.
Mexican Lasagna brings my two favorite flavors together. This easy dish is another family favorite.
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Chili powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can black beans, undrained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Place ground beef and chopped onion in a large skillet until browned, stirring occasionally and breaking up the meat. Drain in a colander.
- Add Pace® Chunky Salsa medium, black beans, and seasonings. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook lasagna sheets according to the package directions, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking. Drain. Lay the sheets on a baking sheet or aluminum foil until needed (to keep them from sticking together.)
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread a very thin layer of the meat sauce on the bottom of the pan. Top with three lasagna sheets. Add another layer of meat and top with cheese. Repeat two more times, ending with meat and cheese.
- Bake, covered tightly with foil, for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 226Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 67mgSodium 617mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 25g