‘Tis the season for baking holiday cookies! Here in the south, we don’t normally get a lot of snow. Snow Cookies are the next best thing!
Welcome to the 8th day of the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter!
Meet Your Hosts
They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!
Shirley~Intelligent Domestications I Alli~An Alli Event I Michelle~Our Crafty Mom I Marie~DIY Adulation
Erlene~My Pinterventures I Beverly~Across The Blvd. I Debra~Shoppe No. 5 I Victoria~Dazzle While Frazzled
Megan~C’mon Get Crafty I Michelle~Michelle James Designs I Amanda~Domestically Creative
Deborah~Salvage Sister & Mister I Jeanie~Create & Babble I Sherry~Olives & Okra
Jenny~Cookies Coffee & Crafts I Emily~Domestic Deadline I Bonbon~Farmhouse 40
Leanna~Of Faeries & Fauna I Pam Larmore~P.S. I Love You Crafts I Kelly~North Country Nest I
Marie~The Inspiration Vault I Gail~Purple Hues and Me I Lynne~My Family Thyme I
Karen~Dragonfly and Lily Pads I Trisha~Blowing Away Out West Lorrin~Embrace The Perfect Mess I
Terri~Christmas Tree Lane I Sam~Raggedy Bits I Cyn~Creative Cynchronicity Valeria~Val Event Gal
Yami~The Latina Next Door I Tania~Little Vintage Cottage
Lauren~Wonderfully Made I Vanessa~DIY 180 I Kimberly~A Wonderful Thought I
Kim~Everyday Parties I Dru~Polka Dot Poplars
Let’s Bake Some Cookies!
The smell of cookies baking in the oven always trigger childhood Christmas memories. My mom always made an array of holiday treats and I remember waiting impatiently and enjoying the smells of Christmas.
I encourage you to plan a baking day with your kids or a few friends. Bake your holiday favorites and include these cookies. You’ll be glad you did!
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- Blue snow flake sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, mix. Slowly add dry ingredients a little at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9-10 minutes until cookies start to turn golden. Then, melt chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl on 30 second intervals. Once cookies have cooled, dip half of the cookie into the chocolate, and top with snow flake sprinkles.
What’s your favorite holiday cookie?
Don’t forget to pin it!
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!