This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DonVictorHoney #HappyHealthyHoney #CollectiveBias
Once Christmas is over, I’m more than ready to say goodbye to all the heavy, rich foods. When I ring in the New Year, I’m going to have plenty of better-for-me party foods available, including my Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps. These wraps will be the star of your New Year’s Eve Party.
My Sweet and Spicy Shrimp gets a spicy kick from Cajun seasoning. The sweetness comes from Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar. Don Victor® Honey is raw, filtered honey, not heated or processed in any other way.
You can find Don Victor® Honey at Walmart within the Hispanic Aisle. I love the fact that the honeycomb is included in the jar of honey because I add a wedge of the comb to each one of my Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Wraps.
Helpful Hint: If you’re attending a New Year’s Eve Party at a friend’s house, Don Victor® Honey makes the perfect hostess gift!
Did you know that honeycomb can be eaten? It’s delicious! Not only do I top my Sweet and Spicy Shrimp with a wedge of honeycomb, I like to eat it on top of salads with crumbled goat cheese. You can also top toast, biscuits, and crackers with honeycomb.
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with Cajun seasoning. Add the shrimp to the heated oil and cook for three minutes or until shrimp are pink. Don’t overcook.
Drain shrimp on a paper towel-lined platter. Arrange three shrimp on each lettuce leaf. Drizzle with Don Victor® Honey and top with a wedge of honeycomb. These appetizers are perfect for New Year’s Eve!
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Light Olive Oil
- Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar
- Butter Lettuce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. While oil is heating, sprinkle Cajun seasoning over shrimp.
- Add shrimp to oil and cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp is pink. Be careful not to overcook.
- Place shrimp on a paper towel lined platter to drain.
- After draining, place three shrimp on each butter leaf. Drizzle with a touch of Don Victor® Honey and add a small wedge of comb to each lettuce wrap.
Honeycomb can be eaten! It's beautiful and amps up the flavor of Sweet and Spicy Shrimp.
Serving Size10 shrimp
Amount Per Serving Calories 188Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 191mgSodium 1354mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 21g
Whether you’re hosting a New Year’s Eve Party or need a light and better-for-you recipe for the new year, try these Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps. They’re delicious and easy to make.