Thanks for stopping by my blog and ending up here on my “About Me” page! I’m Alli and I’m a southern girl. All I have to do is open my mouth and you know I’m southern to the core. I always wished for a British accent when I was growing up. Never happened, y’all!
How did I come up with An Alli Event? It’s an inside joke, but I’ll let you in on the secret. In the past, every time I engaged in the first steps of planning a party, my daughters would sigh, roll their eyes and jokingly say, “Oh gosh, another Alli Event.” But who constantly calls me for party, menu and recipe advice? Who’s rolling their eyes now? It’s me!
When I was in the early design stages of this blog, I asked my 20-something and 30-something-year-old daughters to help me come up with that one fabulous line that would define and set me apart from all other blogs. Daughter #1 said (and I quote), “From the window to the wall . . . I make a great cheese ball.” They were no help at all!
See the chubby-cheeked expression on my face in my first-grade picture? That’s the same look I gave daughter #1! What’s up with the uneven bangs?
My passions are writing, sharing stories of growing up in small town Georgia and throwing a mean party (that’s a good thing). You’ll find me sharing party planning tips as well as some of my favorite stories about my life and the lives of others. Hang around long enough and I’ll be writing about you. Just kidding. Maybe.
I’ve learned all kinds of party planning tricks along the way and I’m always sharing tips and recipes. After awhile, I couldn’t remember who had asked for what recipe, tip, etc. So one morning I woke up around 3:00 am with the thought of starting a blog, so here I am.
All of my parties have to be fun, frugal and fabulous! My décor is always simple, yet stunning. My food is scrumptious and satisfying. Stick around and I’ll show you how to take my ideas and make them your own.
Random Facts About Me
- I have five children, four grandsons and one husband.
- My favorite color is orange OR blue. It’s hard to pick a fave!
- I love to travel and the beach, any beach, is my favorite place to be.
- I can’t sing. At all. But I love to make a joyful noise. You can read more about the time I stole the show here!
- Reading is a passion. When I’m reading, I’m there. Just ask my kids.
- I couldn’t live without my KitchenAid mixer or my dutch oven. Those are two must haves for me. (Of course, I didn’t have them for years and got along just fine.)
- Helping others always gives me a really good feeling in the pit of my tummy.
- I have a type A personality. There. I admit it. And I’m always
on time, OK, early for everything. I inherited it from my parents and just can’t help it.
- Spray paint and a tape measure are two of my best friends.
- Spending time with my grandsons is da bomb!
- I’m a lefty just like 3 of the last 4 presidents. Just sayin’
- I love, love, love Duke basketball! (Go, Duke!)
- My husband and I pastor the best church in the world!
- I’m a budget shopper who loves the thrill of the hunt for a good deal. Find my shopping steals and deals by clicking here!
- Shoes are my weakness.
- I hate glitter and glitter hates me. Why does that one speck of glitter always stick to my face? Why do you need a jackhammer to remove it?
- I think that fennel tastes like black licorice. I don’t like black licorice.
- When someone tells me I look too young to be a grandmother, I always tell them it’s my good genes from my mom and the fact that I eat turnip greens. Yep, that’s it.
- When I was growing up I wanted to live in NYC. It was my number one dream besides speaking with a British accent.
- I don’t live in NYC. I live in South Carolina! And I don’t speak with a British accent. I’m southern to the bone. And that’s the way I like it.
- I miss my mom every single day! I just wish I could call her one more time. But one day I’ll see her again in heaven.
Here’s the Family!
Let’s keep in touch!
To get in touch or stay in touch, you can:
- Email me at email@example.com
- Leave a comment on any of my blog posts.
- Follow me on your favorite social media: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Google+