This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DeansDreamBig #CollectiveBias
Between all the playoff games and the big game coming up, it seems like I’m hosting football parties every weekend. That’s fine with me! We’re a football-loving family and I’m always looking for an excuse to make Easy Baked Mozzarella Sticks. They pair perfectly with Dean’s French Onion with Bacon Dip because let’s face it, everything tastes better with bacon.
There’s always a crowd at my house when it’s time for the big game! Besides my husband, I have three sons-in-law and five grandsons requesting my Baked Mozzarella Sticks and Dean’s Dips. I purchase Dean’s French Onion with Bacon Dip at my local Walmart. You can also find Dean’s Dips in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store. The convenience and the cool, creamy dairy fresh taste of Dean’s Dips make these a favorite at my house.
If you’re hosting a big crowd for the big game, you can’t go wrong with Baked Mozzarella Sticks paired with Dean’s French Onion with Bacon Dip.
Let’s Make Easy Baked Mozzarella Sticks
Beat eggs and water together in a small bowl. In another small bowl (or plastic zip-style bag), combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper. Add the flour to another small bowl.
Coat cheese sticks in flour. Dip the sticks in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with the egg mixture and the breadcrumbs.
Cover and chill in the refrigerator for four hours.
Helpful Hint: Bread the Baked Mozzarella Sticks the day before and refrigerate overnight. It will help you save time on the day of your party.
When ready to bake, place cheese sticks on an ungreased baking pan and drizzle with melted butter. I use parchment paper for easier cleanup. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving with Dean’s French Onion with Bacon Dip.
- 12 Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups dried bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and water with a fork.
- Combine bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, pepper and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, add flour.
- Coat cheese sticks in flour, then in the egg mixture and then the bread crumb mixture. Repeat by dipping in the egg mixture and bread crumb mixture.
- Place the cheese sticks in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 400º for 6-8 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.