This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PAMAvocadoPump #CollectiveBias
One of the reasons I love weekends is being able to enjoy a leisurely breakfast. My favorite recipe to make on a Saturday morning is Breakfast Enchiladas. They are so good that I sometimes serve them on weekday mornings. The prep work is done the night before and the enchiladas are refrigerated overnight.
One of my goals for the new year is to make little changes to my cooking, like not adding a ton of extra calories to make delicious food. In this recipe, I use low-carb tortillas. Also, instead of using butter or oil to keep my breakfast enchiladas from sticking, I rely on PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil. It’s an easy way to manage fat and calories.
I found PAM Spray Pump Avocado Oil at my local Walmart in the baking aisle. I’ve always loved using PAM because its the best when it comes to no-stick cooking sprays. I can control how much I use and I really love the transparent bottle so I can see when I’m running low. When it comes to taste, PAM Spray Pump Avocado Oil contains no artificial preservatives, colors or flavors. Score!
Breakfast Enchiladas are put together the night before and refrigerated overnight. If you’re having breakfast for dinner, they need to be refrigerated for eight hours.
Spray a 13″x9″x2″ baking dish with PAM Spray Pump Avocado Oil.
Combine cubed ham and onions. Place about 1/3 cup a little off center of each tortilla.
Top with two tablespoons cheese.
Roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, cream, and eggs.
Pour the egg mixture over tortillas. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove the enchiladas from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, covered, at 350º for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 10 low-carb tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded fiesta blend cheese, divided
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 6 eggs, beaten
- PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil (to spray baking dish)
- Combine cubed ham and onions. Place about 1/3 cup a little off center of each tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish sprayed with PAM Spray Pump Avocado Oil.
- In a bowl, combine flour, half-and-half and eggs. Pour over tortillas. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350º for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Helpful Hint: Check your local Walmart for a demo of PAM Spray Pump Avocado Oil and to grab an awesome bag.
One bite of these Breakfast Enchiladas will let you know that this recipe is definitely a keeper. The egg mixture is set, but not rubbery. The enchiladas are tender and filled with melted cheese, chopped ham and onions. Thanks to PAM Spray Pump Avacado Oil, they don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Breakfast just got a whole lot better!