What’s your favorite holiday cookie? Mine just so happens to be Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. I’ve been making these for years and my family and friends love them, too.
When I joined up with some blogger friends for the Baking NOW tour, I knew immediately that Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies would be the recipe I would share with all of you. It’s perfect for cookie exchanges, a day of baking with the kids, parties and homemade holiday gifts. Santa would love a couple of these cookies when he stops by your house.
Cream the butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
Add the egg and beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, macadamia nuts and chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoon fulls onto greased baking sheets and bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes.
Cool completely on wire rack before drizzling with caramel glaze.
Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 10 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cups chopped pecans
- Caramel Glaze:
- 12 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 Tablespoon whipping cream
- In mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add egg.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets (2 inches apart).
- Bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For glaze: Melt caramels and cream in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
I hope you’ll join us each Tuesday from now until Christmas for the Baking NOW holiday tour.
Baking NOW Holiday Tour Schedule
November 10 – Alli from An Alli Event
November 17 – Janet from Jan’s Jars
November 24 – Jen McGuiness from Frau Zinnie
December 1 – Bren Haas from Creative Living & Growing with Bren
December 8 – Caroline from Extravagant Gardens
December 15 – Angie from Angie The Freckled Rose
December 22 – Baking NOW Host ~ Beth, from More Than Oregano
From now until November 20th, we’ll be giving an Ebelskiver package away as part of the Baking NOW tour. If you’d like to enter the Nordic Ware giveaway AND learn to make Ebelskivers, click here!
I do hope you try my Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies and visit all the other participating blogs. Do you have a favorite holiday baking tradition?