This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #InsideOutMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Who’s ready for some S’mores Snack Mix & Inside Out Movie Night? I am!
Inside Out Movie
I remember taking the grandkids to see Inside Out when it first appeared in theaters. I do believe I was just as excited as they were. After seeing the movie, I threw a huge Inside Out party and puppet show for them and 15 of their closest friends.
As soon as the DVD/Blu-Ray was available at Target, I started making plans to invite the grandkids over for S’mores Snack Mix and Inside Out Movie Night. You may not know it, but the DVD/Blu-Ray purchased from Target includes 20 minutes of exclusive bonus content and deleted scenes. Yippee!
Shopping at Target
While shopping in Target, I also found all the ingredients I needed to make S’mores Snack Mix. It’s the perfect blend of honey graham cereal, peanuts, marshmallows, and chocolate morsels. A great movie night must have great snacks.
S’mores Snack Mix
Here’s how you make ‘um: Preheat the oven to 325º F. Combine peanuts and graham cereal in a large bowl.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add brown sugar and light corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and boil for two minutes.
Pour this mixture over the cereal/peanuts and stir to coat. Spread in a single layer on a lightly greased, foil-lined jellyroll pan.
Stir. Then cool for 10-15 minutes. After cooling, pour the mixture into a large bowl and add the marshmallows and semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Stir again. You’re getting a great arm workout.
- 7 cups honey graham cereal
- 2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 325º. Combine peanuts and cereal in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over med-low heat; add sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over med. heat and boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring to coat. Spread in a single layer on a lightly greased, foil-lined jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 325º for 10 minutes, stirring midway through. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the cereal mixture with the marshmallows and chocolate morsels.
- Store in an airtight container.
Movie Night Slumber Party
I can hardly wait to have the grandkids over. I’ve got the Inside Out DVD ready. The S’mores Snack Mix is made (delicious, by the way!) and I’ve got comfy pillows and blankets ready for movie night. And remember, what happens at Nana’s stays at Nana’s.
I’m looking forward to seeing the 20-minute exclusive bonus content from the newly released Inside Out movie I purchased at Target. Have you seen it yet?
P.S. My family loves my S’mores Snack Mix. My daughter-in-law loves them so much, she convinced me to make them as take-home favors for her wedding. I made 250 jars of these. Yes, I’m sweet like that. 🙂
You May Also Like