Fall is the favorite time of the year for many people. The color orange is everywhere and pumpkin spice rules. Seasonal treats arrive on the scene and football is king. Easy Spice Bars are the perfect fall treats to get you in the mood for all things autumn.
Because I’m a summer girl, sometimes it takes me a while to get in the fall spirit. There’s nothing like baking spice bars to get me there in a hurry. The house smells like fall while these bars are baking. My mind naturally turns to pumpkin patches, hayrides, and of course, football.
These spice bars are perfect to snack on while watching the big game. They’re great to eat before or after a morning of apple picking. The ooey-gooey filling is out of this world good!
If fall finds you raking leaves, these bars are a great motivation to get going so you can have a snack later.
These Bars Are So Easy to Make
Easy Spice Bars begin with two boxed spice cake mixes. The cake mixes are combined with butter and an egg and pressed down into a 9×13 baking pan. These bars are made similar to my favorite lemon squares.
Then, a cream cheese filling is mixed together, poured over the crust and baked. That’s how easy this recipe is.
In my opinion, cream cheese makes everything better and these easy spice bars taste like fall to me.
Easy Spice Bars
Stir together the cake mixes, butter, and an egg.
Press the mixture into an ungreased 13×9 baking dish.
To make the filling, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract.
Pour the filling over the dough. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack and enjoy.
Easy Spice Bars
Easy Spice Bars begin with two spice cake mixes. A cream cheese filling is added before baking. These bars are so good!
- 2 boxes (15.25 oz. each) spice cake mix
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cake mixes, melted butter, and egg until combined. Press dough into the baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until combined. Beat in the melted butter and vanilla. Gradually add the powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Pour the filling over the cake mixture. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Serving Size1 bar
Amount Per Serving Calories 350Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 55mgSodium 422mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 1gSugar 37gProtein 3g
You May Also Like These Fall Desserts
Apple Bundt Cake with Praline Frosting