Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes is a sponsored post.
When fall arrives, I’m all about pumpkin spice cupcakes. These cupcakes are also featured in my best cupcake recipes (17 recipes!).
Fall Road Trip
In a few weeks, I’ll head out on a road trip to my family’s beloved cabin in my beautiful hometown. I get excited every single time I think about going home. Fall is seen in all its glory and splendor and it’s my favorite time to visit.
Every fall when I arrive in the small town I grew up in, my mind goes back to all the activities I enjoyed when I was growing up. From bonfires to hayrides, from horseback riding with my best friends to Friday night high school football games, these are memories that I’ve always cherished.
When I’m not at the cabin, I’ve learned to recreate the smell and feel of spending a fall day in the country.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
The first thing I do is bake pumpkin spice cupcakes. Not only does the house smell wonderful, but my family can hardly wait for the cupcakes to be baked, cooled, and frosted.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes (full recipe card down below)
- spice cake mix
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- vegetable oil
For the cream cheese frosting, you’ll need:
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- Candy corn OR candy pumpkins (for garnish)
You May Also Like These Recipes
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 box (1 lb.) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Candy corn OR candy pumpkins, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. Place cupcake liners in muffin tins.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin, oil, eggs and water. Mix according to package directions.
- Bake according to the directions on the cake mix. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from tin and cool completely.
- Mix butter and cream cheese until well combined. Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mix until well combined. Frost cupcakes. Top with candy corn or candy pumpkins.
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 27mgSodium 183mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 0gSugar 15gProtein 2g
Making Fall Memories
In a couple of weeks, I’ll be adding new fall memories when I hit the road to visit friends and family at the cabin. I can hardly wait!
Originally published in September 2015, updated September 2020