Mint Chocolate Pudding Cookies are a delightful and unique twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie. These cookies are soft, chewy, and bursting with mint flavor.
The secret to these mint chocolate chip cookies’ wonderful texture and flavor is the addition of instant pudding mix to the batter. The pudding mix helps to keep the cookies soft and moist, while also adding a rich, creamy flavor. Combined with the refreshing taste of mint and the indulgent sweetness of chocolate chips, these cookies are sure to become a new favorite in your baking repertoire.
Ingredients You’ll Need (full printable recipe card down at end of the post!)
- Chocolate chip cookie mix – I use Betty Crocker brand cookie mix; however, any brand should work equally well. You can also use a sugar cookie mix and add 1 cup of dark, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate chips for a similar result.
- french vanilla pudding mix – Regular vanilla pudding mix will work. Cheesecake or white chocolate pudding mix will also work.
- salted butter – You can substitute unsalted butter and add a pinch of salt if you don’t have salted butter on hand.
- peppermint extract – You can omit this and create a less minty cookie.
- green food coloring – I use a tube of green gel food coloring. Gel food coloring does give this cookie a stronger color, but you can use liquid coloring if necessary. You can also use a combination of blue and yellow if you do not have green food coloring.
- chocolate chunks
- mint flavored fudge chunks -You can find it at Walmart alongside the chocolate chips or substitute chopped Andes mints if desired.
You’ll also need the following supplies:
- Large cookie sheets
- Parchment paper or baking spray
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand or stand mixer
- Measuring tools
- Mixing tools
- Cookie scoop
Frequently Asked Questions About Mint Chocolate Pudding Cookies
1. How should I store Mint Chocolate Pudding Cookies?
To store your Mint Chocolate Pudding Cookies, allow them to cool completely to room temperature. Then, place the cookies in an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag or airtight container.
They should stay fresh for about 3-5 days. If you prefer to extend their shelf life, refrigerate them for up to 1 week.
For longer-term storage, you can freeze the cookies. First, freeze them on a baking sheet or tray in a single layer until firm. Then, transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag. Label them with the date, and store them in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Thawed cookies can be enjoyed as is or briefly warmed in the oven for a fresh-baked taste.
2. Can I make any changes to Mint Chocolate Pudding Cookies?
If you’d like to adjust these Mint Chocolate Pudding Cookies, it is easy! Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Mint Intensity: If you want a stronger mint flavor, you can increase the amount of peppermint extract. Start by adding ½ teaspoon and adjust according to your preference. You can decrease or omit the peppermint extract if you prefer a less minty flavor.
- Chocolate Variations: The recipe calls for chocolate chunks and mint-flavored fudge chunks, but you can experiment with different types of chocolate to vary the flavor. For example, you can use dark chocolate chunks for a richer and less sweet taste or white chocolate chips for a milder and creamier flavor.
- Additional Mix-ins: Feel free to get creative with additional mix-ins to enhance the flavor profile. For example, you can add crushed peppermint candies or crushed mint chocolate candies for extra minty bursts. Chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans can add a crunchy texture and complement the flavors.
- Toppings: Consider adding a finishing touch to your cookies by sprinkling them with powdered sugar or a drizzle of melted chocolate on top. This can add a touch of sweetness and visual appeal to the cookies.
To ensure that your Mint Chocolate Pudding Cookies turn out perfectly every time, follow these tips:
- Use room-temperature butter and eggs for the best texture.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion the dough for even baking.
- Bake the cookies on a wire rack to allow air to circulate around them and prevent them from getting too crispy.
Steps For Making Mint Chocolate Pudding Cookies
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the chocolate chip cookie mix and the French vanilla instant pudding.
Add the butter, egg, mint extract, and green food coloring.
Mix together until well combined and solid green.
Fold in the chocolate chunks and mint chocolate chunks.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough into balls and place on the parchment paper-lined cookie sheets, about 1-1/2 inches apart.
Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the edges are set and the middle is not jiggly. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the cookie sheets.
Cool completely on wire racks or serve warm.
- 1 (17.5 ounces) bag of chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 (3.4 ounces) box of French vanilla instant pudding mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- ½ cup mint-flavored fudge chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the chocolate chip cookie and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Add the butter, egg, mint extract, and green food coloring and beat until well combined and solid green.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and mint-flavored fudge chunks.
- Using a 1 ½ Tablespoon cookie scoop, form golf balls of dough and place them evenly on the cookie sheets, about 1 ½ inches apart.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the edges are set, and the top is not jiggly.
- Allow the cookies to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing them from the cookie sheets. Serve warm or cooled to room temperature.
I use Betty Crocker Cookie Mix to make these cookies. However, any brand should work fine.
You can use regular vanilla pudding mix in place of the French vanilla pudding mix.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 59Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 10mgSodium 30mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 1g