Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub is my favorite body scrub to use during the spring and summer. I love the way my skin feels after using this scrub. Plus, the smell is amazing.
I made my first homemade body scrub a little over a year ago. I prepared, packaged and gave my chocolate martini body scrub to all my girlfriends at our annual Christmas party.
After seeing how easy and economical it was to make, I’ve been looking forward to making more.
And, since Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, I decided to create a pink lemonade sugar scrub. It turned out exactly as I wanted it to and smells just like a big bag of fresh lemons.
Why Use A Sugar Scrub?
I have dry skin so I try to keep my skin as hydrated as possible. Exfoliating with a sugar scrub can create smooth, glowing skin. Plus, it feels so good.
My Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub can be used as an all-over body scrub or use it to soften your hands.
I prefer sugar scrubs to salt scrubs because sugar is more gentle than salt. Sugar is less abrasive than salt and also dissolves easier.
Make sure you place the lid on the scrub after each use.
How Often Should I Use a Sugar Scrub?
Use sugar scrubs two to three times a week. After showering, gently rub the scrub in a circular motion. Rinse with warm water. Don’t forget to apply lotion after toweling off.
Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub
Here’s what you will need to make this homemade scrub.
- Granulated Sugar
- Coconut oil (melted in the microwave and cooled)
- Lemon essential oil
- Red natural all vegetable colorant (optional)
Mix all the ingredients by hand until mixed well and color is uniform. Store in jars with tight-fitting lids.
Lemon Essential Oil Benefits
I’m not totally sold on the miracles of essential oils, but I do love Lemon Essential Oil. It has a refreshing scent and is calming and said to ease stress. So, bring it on.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted in the microwave and cooled)
- 10-12 drops lemon essential oil
- 2-3 drops of red natural all vegetable colorant
- Jar with lid
- Melt the coconut oil and let cool completely.
- Add all the ingredients together and mix well to combine.
- Store in jars with tight-fitting lids.
- After showering, massage the scrub into your skin in a circular motion, using a gentle touch. Rinse with warm water.