This shop, Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Syrup, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GladeHolidayJoy #CollectiveBias
It’s beginning to look and smell a lot like Christmas at my house!
When I was a little girl, I lived down the lane from my grandparents. My grandfather was a farmer and the day after Thanksgiving, we’d all head to grandpa’s woods to find the perfect Christmas tree. It was always a cedar and the house smelled like Christmas.
After I grew up and had kids of my own, the local Christmas tree lot was the place to be after Thanksgiving to pick a tree. Once again, the house smelled like Christmas. When I’m entertaining guests during the holiday season, I want my house to look, feel and smell like Christmas.
These days, I have several artificial trees and it’s much easier to manage. I missed the fresh, woodsy smell until I found Timeless Joy™ in a Glade® Holiday Limited Edition display near the air care aisle at Kroger.
Every single time I smell the Woodland Spruce Scent of Timeless Joy™, it evokes bursts of joy and I look forward to all the new memories I’ll make with family and friends during the holiday season.
Another favorite Glade® Limited Edition Scent is Happy Glow™. The candle has an apple cinnamon scent and it reminds me of my mom’s holiday kitchen when I was growing up. It evokes the best memories and helps bring joy when I’m feeling overwhelmed.
My trees may not be real, but my house smells just like the holidays!
Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Syrup
Once the house is all decked out for the holidays, it’s time to prepare for holiday guests. My holiday breakfast menu always includes Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Syrup. It’s a family favorite and is always a hit with my weekend guests.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons red food coloring (liquid)
Cream Cheese Syrup
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Sift together the first six ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, sugar red food coloring.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter into a large, buttered nonstick skillet.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on medium heat until tops are covered with bubbles and edges are dry.
- Turn and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until done.
Cream Cheese Syrup
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla.
One of the many reasons I love these festive Red Velvet Pancakes is because they’re not overly sweet. The cream cheese syrup is not as sweet as regular syrup. That means I can add more, right?
While you’re shopping at Kroger, look for the Shazam logo on displays and packaging of Glade® Holiday Scents.
You May Also Like