This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
Fall is peeking around the corner and I’m looking forward to my first homegating party of the season! Hip hip hooray! It’s football season and I’m heading to Walmart to stock up on 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde and the other ingredients I need to make my famous Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole! This casserole is always requested at my parties because of the big, bold flavors.
When it comes to homegating parties, my house is the place to be on game day. We like our food spicy, and Pace® always helps me “ban the bland.” On a scale of 1-10, Pace® kicks up the flavor to an 11! There’s no room for a wimpy salsa at my party.
Don’t tell anyone, but my Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole begins with a rotisserie chicken. This is one trick I use to get out of the kitchen and in on all the fun. Plus, it’s ready to eat in 30 minutes
Let’s Make Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
Remove the chicken from the bones. You’ll need two cups. Combine the chicken with sour cream, chopped jalapeno and 3/4 cup Pace® Salsa Verde.
Spread 1/4 cup Pace® Salsa Verde on the bottom of a greased baking dish.
Layer with four corn tortillas and half of the chicken mixture.
Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, chopped tomatoes, and four ounces of Mexican cheese. Repeat layers.
Bake at 400ºF for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with additional Pace® Salsa Verde.
Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups Pace® Salsa Verde, divided
- 8 (6") corn tortillas
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro leaves
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Mix together the chicken, chopped pepper, 3/4 cup salsa and sour cream. Set aside.
- In a greased, 8" square baking pan, spread 1/4 cup Pace® Salsa Verde.
- Layer with half of the corn tortillas and chicken mixture. Sprinkle with half of the tomatoes, half of the cheese. Top with the chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
- Repeat the layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with remaining Pace® Salsa Verde.
My favorite football team is looking good this year and I have a feeling we may go all the way. The house is decorated, my Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole is done and I’ve got plenty of 24 oz. Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium to round out my party. It’s good on anything but ice cream!
Ready to shop for delicious Pace® products? Hover over the photo to click through to Walmart.com and purchase them!
Helpful Hint: Before heading to Walmart to stock up because Pace® has an Ibotta® offer available at Walmart! Earn $0.50 cash back with Ibotta® when you purchase a jar of Pace®! (Offer is valid on any ONE (1) 15 oz. or larger Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce.)
I’m over here reminiscing about my high school cheerleading days and getting ready to party. How are you celebrating game day? Get recipe inspiration here.