This shop, Pineapple Upside Down Cake, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ExperienceScrubDots #CollectiveBias
Call me crazy, but I love hosting large dinner parties. On any given Sunday, you’ll find 10-16 family members at my dinner table. For these special times together, a delicious dessert is a must. Pineapple Upside Down Cake is easy to make and tastes as good as it looks.
When it comes time to clean up, my youngest daughter and her husband are always the first ones to jump up and pitch in. They know how picky I am about what goes in the dishwasher and the pots and pans that need to be washed by hand.
It’s a good thing Walmart has everything I need for a quick and easy cleanup. When I’m buying groceries, I make sure and stop by the Dish Detergent aisle for my favorite Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Sponge. I always grab the blue because it safely cleans all cookware and cleans without scratching. We also use the sponge to clean the cooktop and to quickly wipe down the countertops.
Helpful Hint: Save $1.00 off any two Scrub Dot items!
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Spray a round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Stir together melted butter and brown sugar and place in cake pan. Place drained pineapple slices in a single layer over the brown sugar mixture.
Prepare the yellow cake mix according to the direction on the package. Pour cake batter evenly over pineapple.
Bake at 350º 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Loosen edges and turn out onto a serving platter.
A boxed cake mix saves time when I’m preparing for a large dinner party. To make a boxed mix taste better, do one or more of the following:
- Add an extra egg for a richer taste.
- Use whole milk instead of water.
- Use melted butter in place of vegetable oil.
- Stir in a teaspoon of vanilla (my personal fave).
Your guests will never know you used a box mix when you add one or all of these tricks.
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple slices, drained
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spray a 9" round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Stir the butter and brown sugar together and spread in cake pan.
- Add pineapple slices.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions and pour cake batter evenly over pineapple.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Loosen edges and turn out onto a serving platter.
Once dessert is served, cleanup is a breeze, thanks to Scotch-Brite® Scrub Dots. They scrub fast and rinse clean. Before you know it, the dishes are done and it’s time to relax and unwind.
I think I’m ready for a Sunday afternoon nap!
Who cleans the kitchen at your house?