There’s nothing better than sipping Tropical Slush while watching coconut fronds dancing in the warm breeze and hearing the mesmerizing sound of the waves crashing on the white sand beaches. OK – so you’re not at the beach. I’m not either, but let’s pretend. One taste of my Tropical Slush and you’ll be transported to a tropical island . . . in your mind. Hey, it’s better than nothing.
Planning a large summer party? This Tropical Slush makes 40-50 servings. It’s the perfect drink for a crowd on a sultry, mid-summer night.
It’s not often that I need a punch recipe for 40-50 people, but when I do, this is the one I turn to over and over again. It’s one of my top faves!
Helpful Hint: You may need to double the recipe. It’s that good!
I’ll go ahead and admit this right here and now. I love tropical drinks, desserts, main dishes, etc. If it’s got pineapple or coconut or any exotic flavor, I’m in. My husband says he doesn’t really care for the taste of coconut, but it’s funny to me that he likes every single tropical drink or dessert I make. He always says the coconut is not overpowering.
Maybe that’s why he thinks he doesn’t like coconut. Maybe he ate something once that was overloaded with coconut. Or maybe he just loves me so much that he eats anything I put in front of him. Either way, he digs my Tropical Slush!
Next time you need a drink for a large party, try this one. You won’t regret it.
Tropical Slush Punch
- 6 cups water, divided
- 5 medium sized ripe bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cans (12 oz each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 oz) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (46 oz) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 bottles (2 liters each) lemon-lime soda
- In a blender, process 1 cup of water, bananas and sugar until smooth. Pour into a large container. Add the concentrates, pineapple juice and remaining water. Cover and freeze. Remove from freezer 2 hours before serving. Break up and mash mixture with a potato masher. Stir in soda.
Looking for more tropical recipes?
Are a a coconut lover? If not, maybe it’s because you haven’t found the right recipe to try. All of my recipes are friend and family tested and approved.