Minty Cocoa Mousse is cool, creamy, smooth, and silky!
Spring calls for mousse – and chocolate – with a touch of mint. My Minty Cocoa Mousse is the perfect dessert, no matter the season. If you are a chocolate and mint kind of gal (or guy), this is definitely for you. It’s oh so quick and easy.
You know those desserts you make over and over and no longer need to look at the actual recipe? This is that recipe. After you make it a few times, you can practically make it in your sleep.
True confession time: I’ve always had a thing for chocolate, but never really wanted my chocolate to dally with mint at all. My chocolate has always been married to peanut butter. However, this is one recipe where I make an exception to my rule.
Want to know what gives this chocolate a touch of mint? It’s Junior Mints! They melt beautifully along with cocoa, milk, and butter. Who knew adding a touch of mint would be so easy?
Let’s make Minty Cocoa Mousse
In a medium saucepan, combine cocoa and milk. Add mints and butter; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
Let cool for 15 minutes. Stir in one cup whipped topping and vanilla. Fold in remaining whipped topping. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired.
As the old saying goes, “The proof of the pudding is in the eating!”
If you’re looking for a dessert that the adults and kids will like, my Minty Cocoa Mousse rocks! It’s a favorite with the grandkids and I always make it on family vacations. Plus, it’s easy and pretty. It’s chocolate – with a kiss of mint.
- 2 T baking cocoa
- 2 T milk
- 1 cup Junior Mints
- 2 T butter
- 1 carton (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed & divided
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Garnish with fresh mint, if desired
- In a medium saucepan, combine cocoa and milk and stir until smooth.
- Add mints and butter; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup whipped topping and vanilla. Fold in remaining whipped topping. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with mint, if desired.