My family is crazy about Banana Pudding! It’s the ultimate southern dessert. These days, you can find all kinds of different recipes for Banana Pudding. One of my favorites is Banana Pudding Cupcakes. It made the cut in my best cupcake recipes.
This recipe starts with a vanilla cupcake. You can make them from scratch or use a cake mix like I’m doing. There’s no shame in taking shortcuts. I’m preaching to the choir today because I’m usually a cake mix snob. When I do use a cake mix, I add a teaspoon or two of vanilla extract.
Banana Pudding Cupcakes
Bake the cupcakes according to the package directions. Be sure and add a teaspoon of vanilla. Remove from muffin tin as soon as they are done and let cool completely on wire racks.
While the cupcakes are cooling, make the banana pudding by whisking together the pudding mix, milk, and condensed milk. Carefully stir in the chopped bananas.
Whipped Cream is so easy to make and tastes so much better than the frozen kind, so I tend to always make it from scratch. Place the bowl of the mixer and the whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove from freezer and add the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on high until medium peaks form, about one minute.
Assemble the Banana Pudding Cupcakes
If you don’t have a cupcake corer, use a knife to carefully cut out the center of the cupcakes and add the pudding.
If you make a lot of filled cupcakes, you really do need a cupcake corer! They are inexpensive and so much faster and easier. You can buy one like mine here.
Fill the hole in the center of the cupcakes with the banana pudding.
Top with whipped cream and garnish with Nilla Wafers and/or a slice of banana.
Helpful Hint: Brush the slices of banana with pineapple juice to keep them from turning. Also, I only buy Nilla Wafers. This is one time when the store brand just doesn’t cut it.
- 1 vanilla cake mix
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 package vanilla pudding (3.4 oz.)
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped bananas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Garnish with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers
- Preheat oven to 350º and line muffin pans with cupcake holders.
- Mix and bake cake mix according to the cupcake directions, adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Let cool completely on wire racks.
- Whisk pudding mix, milk and condensed milk in a large bowl until thick, about 5 minutes. Fold in chopped bananas.
- Chill the whisk attachment and the mixing bowl in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Add the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Whisk on high speed until medium peaks form.
- Carefully cut out the center of the cupcakes and fill cupcakes with pudding.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with a Nilla wafer and a banana slice.
Have you ever tried Banana Pudding Cupcakes?
This post contains an affiliate link. If you click on the link and make a purchase, I’ll make a little cash!