Homemade Spaghetti Sauce simmers for hours in the slow cooker. Crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings meld together to make a delicious sauce.
My mama’s spaghetti is the best in the world. Period.
When I was growing up, my dad didn’t care much for spaghetti. He liked good southern cooking like fried chicken, rice and gravy, peas, biscuits, cornbread, sliced tomatoes, and banana pudding for dessert.
Spaghetti night was just tolerated by him, but my siblings and I always looked forward to mom’s homemade spaghetti and buttery BBQ bread. Later, dad learned to love mom’s spaghetti too!
These days, I don’t take the time to simmer and stir homemade spaghetti sauce for half a day. I always have Ragu on hand because I really do like it. But, sometimes, I just want mama’s homemade spaghetti.
I created a version of mom’s homemade spaghetti, but I put it in the slow cooker and forget about it. It’s not exactly mom’s, but it’s mighty close.
When it’s time for dinner, I cook the pasta until it’s al dente and top it with Mom’s Spaghetti Sauce. I toss together a simple salad and it’s done. I can rarely find that BBQ bread that mom used to make. 🙁
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce in the Slow Cooker
In a skillet, brown the ground beef and diced onions. Drain.
In a slow cooker, add ground beef, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, olive oil, and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over spaghetti. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Helpful Hint: I add a tablespoon of grape jelly to my spaghetti sauce to amp up the flavor. I’ve never liked sugar in spaghetti sauce, but the grape jelly is perfect!
You May Also Like These Recipes
- Easy Homestyle Lasagna Rollups
- Italian Sausage Rigatoni
- Beef Fajitas In The Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker BBQ Sliders
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Taco Soup
- Overnight Slow-Cooker Cheese Grits
- 1 lb. ground chuck, cooked and drained
- 1 large onion, diced and cooked with ground chuck
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon grape jelly
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large package of spaghetti, cooked
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef and diced onions in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain.
- Stir together the ground beef mixture and all ingredients (except spaghetti and cheese) in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving Calories 364Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 85mgSodium 899mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 4gSugar 10gProtein 30g
Mom’s Spaghetti Sauce smells so good while it simmers away in the slow cooker. What’s your favorite pasta dish?