Bacon, shredded lettuce, and chopped tomatoes are layered in warm flour tortillas. Drizzle with Chipotle Mayo and top with chopped cilantro and avocado. BLT Tacos are easy to make and so, so good.
I always look forward to summer! It’s not just because summer is my favorite season, but it’s also fresh tomato season. There’s nothing quite like a freshly picked tomato and that first BLT of the season. I kicked things up a notch or two when I created BLT Tacos with Chipotle Mayo.
This will probably be the easiest recipe you’ll make during the summer. BLT Tacos with Chipotle Mayo are delicious for lunch, taco night, or a midnight snack. I’m so glad I thought this one up.
Ingredients For BLT Tacos
You won’t need very many ingredients when you make BLT Tacos. The complete printable recipe card is at the end of the post.
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- Chopped cilantro
To make Chipotle Mayo, you’ll need:
- Sour cream
- Mayonnaise (I always use Duke)
- Chipotles in adobo sauce, diced, plus 1 Tablespoon sauce
- Lime juice
Best Way To Cook Bacon
I always cook my bacon in the oven. There’s no shrinkage, no splattering, and no mess.
Preheat the oven to 400º and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (or tin foil as I call it). Place bacon in a single layer and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is golden brown. Use tongs to transfer the bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate. That’s it – perfect bacon – every single time.
BLT Tacos with Chipotle Mayo
Heat the flour tortillas in a skillet or wrap and heat in the microwave. Don’t overdo the heating or your tacos will be brittle instead of soft and pliable. It only takes a few seconds.
I always heat mine in the microwave. Layer between paper towels and heat for 30 seconds to a minute.
For each taco, add shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and bacon. Drizzle with the chipotle mayo and top with chopped cilantro and avocado. Dinner (or lunch) is served.
You May Also Like These Recipes
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- Lobster Tacos
- Stan’s Hushpuppies
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Wild West Shrimp
- Chipotle Grilled Ribs
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 12 slices bacon (cooked crisp)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I always use Duke)
- 2 teaspoons chipotles in adobo sauce, diced, plus 1 Tablespoon sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Combine the Chipotle Mayo ingredients and mix well.
- Stack tacos between paper towels and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Layer shredded lettuce, bacon, and chopped tomatoes on each tortilla.
- Drizzle with Chipotle Mayo.
- Top with chopped cilantro and avocado.
Amount Per Serving Calories 440Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 45mgSodium 817mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 6gSugar 4gProtein 11g
My BLT Tacos are so good. What’s your favorite taco?