Pan Seared Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Cheese Sauce is sponsored by Mahón-Menorca Cheese. All opinions are my own.
If you’re entertaining during the holidays, Pan Seared Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Cheese Sauce is the way to go. This entrée is impressive, delicious and done in less than 30 minutes.
The Mushroom Cheese Sauce is delicious, smooth and so easy to make thanks to Mahón Cheese from the island of Minorca. But you don’t have to go to Spain to get this delicious cheese! You can find Mahón-Menorca at these US locations: Fairway, West Side Market, Gourmet Garage, Saveway, Wholefoods, Kroger, Costco, Central Markets, Central and Town & Country Markets.
Mahón-Menorca Cheese is a unique (and delicious) product with Protected Guarantee of Origin. It’s closely related to the geographic area where it is produced – the island of Minorca. The geographical and climate factors affect the final features, aroma, and flavor. I’m impressed with the flavor of this cheese and how easily and smoothly it melts.
Let’s Make Pan Seared Pork Tenderloin
Preheat the oven to 400º F. While the oven is preheating, pat the pork tenderloin dry and rub with Rosemary, salt, and pepper.
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Sear the tenderloin, turning to brown on all sides. This should take about six minutes.
Once the tenderloin is browned on all sides, place the skillet in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes OR until an instant-read thermometer reaches 145º F. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing into medallions.
To make the sauce, sauté the mushrooms and onions in two tablespoons of butter until tender.
Whisk in the remaining butter.
Add the cheese and red pepper flakes and whisk until smooth.
Whisk in the heavy cream. Serve the cheese sauce alongside the Pan Seared Pork Tenderloin.
- 1 Pork Tenderloin (about 1 lb.)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mushroom Cheese Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 oz. Semi-Cured Mahón-Menorca Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Pat the pork tenderloin dry. Rub with minced Rosemary, salt and pepper.
- In a heavy ovenproof skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add the tenderloin and brown on all sides.
- Place the skillet in the oven for about 10-15 minutes OR until an instant read thermometer reads 145º. Remove from oven and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
Mushroom Cheese Sauce
- Sauté mushrooms and onions in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Whisk in remaining butter. Add the shredded cheese and pepper flakes. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in the heavy cream. Serve over the sliced tenderloin.
Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Cheese Sauce is a family favorite. It’s easy enough to make on a weeknight during the busy holiday season and special enough to serve when entertaining. The Mushroom Cheese Sauce is amazing and takes this tenderloin to the next level!