Thanks to Florida Crystals® for sponsoring this post. This recipe, Pumpkin Cranberry Bars, and my opinions are my own.
Pumpkin Cranberry Bars with Brown Butter Frosting are perfect for Thanksgiving or any time you crave a delicious snack. The brown butter frosting compliments the bars and these are easy to make.
I always plan my Thanksgiving Day menu way in advance. The menu stays pretty much the same each year. However, I usually change up the desserts to keep things fresh and exciting.
This year, it’s all about pumpkin cranberry bars with brown butter frosting. My guests will love the taste of these bars and I love how easy they are to make.
Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
You’ll notice that I use Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar in this recipe. It’s the only certified organic raw sugar grown and harvested in the United States. Florida Crystals® can be purchased on Amazon!
I use the organic raw sugar to make the bars and the powdered sugar for the frosting.
The organic raw cane sugar is an excellent replacement for white granulated sugar. Its golden crystals have a delicious hint of molasses and are perfect for baking. Use the exact same amount of organic raw cane sugar in place of white sugar.
Pumpkin Cranberry BarsIn a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, soda, and ginger.
In another bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, and butter together.
Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined. Stir in chopped cranberries.
Spread the cranberry pumpkin mixture into a greased 15×10 inch baking pan.
Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Brown Butter Frosting
Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat until the butter is golden brown (about 6 minutes). Remove from the heat and cool for five minutes.
Stir in Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar, vanilla, and milk. Add another tablespoon of milk if the frosting mixture is too thick.
Spread the frosting over the cooled pumpkin cranberry bars.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin (15 oz.)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
Brown Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, and butter. Stir into dry ingredients until well combined. Stir in cranberries.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat until golden brown, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool for five minutes.
- Stir in powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk to spreading consistency. Add another tablespoon of milk if mixture is too thick. Spread over bars before cutting.
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 39mgSodium 144mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 1gSugar 44gProtein 2g