Thanks to Simply Sesame for supplying me with their delicious spreads. My Raspberry Napoleon and my opinions are my own.
Sometimes I love spending the afternoon in the kitchen baking and at other times I just want a quick dessert that doesn’t take long to make. Enter my Raspberry Napoleon with Vanilla Almond Sesame Spread.
A classic Napoleon usually consists of layers of puff pastry with homemade custard or whipped cream sandwiched between the layers.
A Napoleon is often called a Mille-Feuille (thousand leaves) but since I have no idea how to pronounce it, I’m sticking with Napoleon. Trying to speak french with a southern accent is so, so bad.
For my Raspberry Napoleon with Vanilla Almond Sesame Spread, I’m using phyllo dough instead of puff pastry. I just like the taste and it’s so pretty. You’ve just learned my criteria for good food – tasty and pretty.
Let’s make a Raspberry Mille-Feuille, I mean Napoleon.
Phyllo sheets are thin and delicate. Brush each pastry sheet with melted butter and layer in a baking pan lined with parchment paper. With a sharp knife, cut pastry sheets lengthwise into thirds.
Bake pastry strips for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold 1/3 cup sesame spread and 2 Tablespoons of honey into the whipped cream.
Place a pastry strip on a plate. Top with the whipped cream mixture. Repeat once more and add a pastry strip on top. Garnish with a drizzle of honey and fresh raspberries.
Wasn’t that easy?
Raspberry Napoleon with Vanilla Almond Sesame Spread
- 9 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- Melted butter (for brushing pastry sheets)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Simply Sesame Vanilla with Almond Bits Spread
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Fresh Raspberries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Brush each pastry sheet with butter and layer on parchment paper.
- Cut sheets lengthwise into thirds with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add Simple Sesame Vanilla with Almond Bits and honey to whipped cream.
- Place a phyllo strip onto a plate. Top with whipped cream mixture. Repeat and add a phyllo strip to top. Garnish with a drizzle of honey and raspberries.
- Serve immediately.
Simply Sesame contains no preservatives, additives, trans-fat, or cholesterol. It’s also Vegan. Who said dessert couldn’t be good for you?