Thanks to Simply Sesame for supplying me with their delicious spreads. My Raspberry Napoleon and my opinions are my own.
Sometimes I love spending the afternoon in the kitchen baking and at other times I just want a quick dessert that doesn’t take long to make. Enter my Raspberry Napoleon with Vanilla Almond Sesame Spread.
A classic Napoleon usually consists of layers of puff pastry with a homemade custard or whipped cream sandwiched between the layers. A Napoleon is often called a Mille-Feuille (thousand leaves) but since I have no idea how to pronounce it, I’m sticking with Napoleon. Trying to speak french with a southern accent is so, so bad.
For my Raspberry Napoleon with Vanilla Almond Sesame Spread, I’m using phyllo dough instead of puff pastry. I just like the taste and it’s so pretty. You’ve just learned my criteria for good food – tasty and pretty.
Let’s make a Raspberry Mille-Feuille, I mean Napoleon.
Phyllo sheets are thin and delicate. Brush each pastry sheet with melted butter and layer in a baking pan lined with parchment paper. With a sharp knife, cut pastry sheets lengthwise into thirds.
Bake pastry strips for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold 1/3 cup sesame spread and 2 Tablespoons honey into the whipped cream.
Place a pastry strip on a plate. Top with the whipped cream mixture. Repeat once more and add a pastry strip on top. Garnish with a drizzle of honey and fresh raspberries.
Wasn’t that easy?
Raspberry Napoleon with Vanilla Almond Sesame Spread
- 9 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- Melted butter (for brushing pastry sheets)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Simply Sesame Vanilla with Almond Bits Spread
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Fresh Raspberries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Brush each pastry sheet with butter and layer on parchment paper.
- Cut sheets lengthwise into thirds with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add Simple Sesame Vanilla with Almond Bits and honey to whipped cream.
- Place a phyllo strip onto a plate. Top with whipped cream mixture. Repeat and add a phyllo strip to top. Garnish with a drizzle of honey and raspberries.
- Serve immediately.
This is my very first time using Simply Sesame creamy spreads. They’re all natural, gluten free and packed with essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Simply Sesame contains no preservatives, additives, trans-fat or cholesterol. It’s also Vegan. Who said dessert couldn’t be good for you?