Four Ingredient Rocky Road Candy is so easy to make and it’s perfect for the holiday season. This candy makes the perfect gift or is a delicious addition to holiday parties.
Dry roasted peanuts and mini marshmallows are stirred into melted milk chocolate and dropped by spoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. It doesn’t take long for the chocolate to harden. Then it’s ready to serve!
I love easy candy recipes and Rocky Road Candy is a no-fail recipe that anyone can make. If you like making candy, you’ll love my Best Candy Recipes! I’ve listed all my candy recipes in one place.
Rocky Road Candy Ingredients At A Glance (Full printable recipe card below!)
- milk chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- dry roasted peanuts
- shortening (like Crisco – you only need a Tablespoon)
How To Make Rocky Road Candy
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a double boiler, or the microwave, melt the chocolate chips and the Crisco together, stirring often until the chocolate chips can be stirred smooth.
If you melt the chocolate in the microwave, stir every 30 seconds until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Once the chocolate has melted, stir in the dry roasted peanuts. Then stir in the mini marshmallows.
Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto parchment paper and allow to cool until hardened, about 30 minutes. You can also place the cookie sheet in the fridge to speed the process along.
How To Store Rocky Road Candy
Once the candy has hardened, place it in an airtight container and store the candy at room temperature for up to two weeks.
- 1 (12 oz.) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 Tablespoon shortening (like Crisco)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening (Crisco) in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds. When the chocolate is melted smooth, add the peanuts and stir. Stir in the mini marshmallows.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the parchment paper and allow the candies to cool and harden.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 85Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 2mgSodium 8mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 2g
You May Also Like These Delicious Recipes!