Sparkling cider floats are refreshing and fun drinks that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. This beverage is perfect for special occasions or for those who want to enjoy a non-alcoholic drink with a twist.
The easy-to-make beverage is made by combining sparkling cider and rainbow sherbet and topping it with fresh fruit.
Simple Ingredients You’ll Need To make Sparking Cider Floats
- Sparkling Apple Cider – you can find this in most grocery stores.
- Rainbow Sherbet – Use any flavor but in my opinion, rainbow sherbet is better.
- Lime Slices
- Lemon Slices
- Champagne Flute
- One-Inch Cookie Scoop (OR Tablespoon)
Sparkling cider floats are easy to make and require only a few ingredients. All you need is your favorite brand of sparkling cider, a scoop or two of sherbet, and a glass.
Simply pour the sparkling cider into the glass.
Add a couple of scoops of rainbow sherbet, and watch as the two combine to create a fizzy, creamy drink. The result is a refreshing and sweet beverage that is perfect for hot summer days or as a dessert alternative.
I like to top sparkling cider floats with fresh lime slices, lemon slices, and raspberries. You can totally leave the garnishes off, but it’s so pretty and refreshing when you add the fruit.
Tips For Making Sparkling Cider Floats
- I always make sure the apple cider is well-chilled for this recipe. However, the ice cream chills it down, so room temp will work as well.
- It’s important that you don’t add more cider to the glass, even though it seems like a small amount unless you use a larger glass. The mixture of cider and sherbet makes it foam and expand, so you don’t want to cause a mess by overfilling, to begin with.
- This is a non-alcoholic drink. It’s perfect for a signature drink at your next gathering.
- If you’re serving sparkling cider floats at a shower or party, you can use other flavors of sherbet to match your theme. I just think the rainbow is really pretty.
- If you want to add an extra touch, place the glasses in the freezer for about 15 minutes before use for a frosted effect.
- This recipe gives directions for making one float. Of course, it’s so easy to make as many as you need.
Sparkling cider floats can be customized to fit any season or occasion. During the fall, try adding a dash of cinnamon to the cider for a warm and cozy flavor. For a Halloween party, add a scoop of orange sherbet to the cider for a festive touch.
During the winter holidays, add a scoop of peppermint ice cream to the cider for a refreshing and minty treat. For a New Year’s Eve celebration, add a splash of pomegranate juice to the cider for a festive and colorful drink.
In the spring and summer, try adding fresh fruit to the cider for a light and refreshing twist. Strawberry, peach, and raspberry are all great options to add to a sparkling cider float.
Overall, there are endless possibilities when it comes to variations of sparkling cider floats. You can let your imagination go wild and come up with all kinds of seasonal variations.
Easy Substitutions When Making Sparking Cider Floats
You can easily replace the rainbow sherbet with vanilla ice cream.
Then, if you want to take your sparkling cider float to the next level, you can add some optional add-ons. Here are a few ideas:
- Caramel Sauce: Drizzle some caramel sauce over the top of the ice cream for a sweet and decadent treat.
- Whipped Cream: Add a dollop of whipped cream to the top of the float for an extra creamy texture.
- Cinnamon Sugar: Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar over the top of the ice cream for a warm and cozy flavor.
Check Out More Of My Delicious Recipes:
- Apple Cider Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Vanilla Bean Banana Split Floats
- Spiced Apple Monkey Bread
- Whatever Floats Your Boat Ice Cream Party
- 4 Ounces Sparkling Apple Cider
- 2 Small Scoops Rainbow Sherbet (I use a 1-inch cookie scoop)
- Lime Slices (optional)
- Raspberries (optional)
- Lemon Slices (optional)
- Pour the apple cider into a tall glass.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop or a tablespoon, gently place two scoops of rainbow sherbet in the glass.
- Garnish with a lemon slice, lime slice, or raspberries, if desired, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Small Cookie Scoop, 1 tablespoon/ 15 ml, 1 13/32 inches / 36 mm Ball, 18/8 Stainless Steel, Secondary Polishing
Champagne Flutes - Hand Blown Elegant Champagne Glasses Set of 6 - Unique Gift for Birthday,Wedding, Anniversary - Ideal for Wine Tasting,Daily Use - 7 oz, Clea
24 Pack Plastic Champagne Flutes 9 Oz Stemless Plastic Champagne Glasses, Heavy Duty Clear Plastic Unbreakable Toasting Glasses | Shatterproof | Disposable | Reusable For Wedding Or Party
Amount Per Serving Calories 187Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 1mgSodium 41mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 3gSugar 31gProtein 2g