Spiced Apple Monkey Bread is flavorful and perfect for fall. This monkey bread begins with refrigerated cinnamon rolls and includes layers of diced apples and pecans. The top has a slight crunch and the inside is ooey-gooey delicious.
This post includes affiliate links to products I use. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When my kids were growing up, they loved for me to make monkey bread with canned biscuits and a cinnamon-sugar mixture. We could hardly wait until it cooled down a bit before pinching off the warm bread. It was oh, so good!
This is a new twist on that old monkey bread recipe. It calls for canned cinnamon rolls and instant spiced cider mix. It’s a winner!
What Is Monkey Bread?
Monkey bread is a pull-apart dessert that’s made with small bits of dough rolled in a cinnamon-sugar mixture and arranged in a tube or bundt pan. In this case, we’re rolling it in a spiced cider mix. We’re also adding diced apples and pecans!
This sweet, gooey bundt cake is made with refrigerated tubes of cinnamon rolls instead of the traditional canned biscuits. You’ll also use the icing.
Monkey bread can be made in a 10-12 cup tube pan or bundt pan. I’m using this tube pan today.
Ingredient List For Spiced Apple Monkey Bread
- Instant Spiced Cider Mix
- Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls (including the icing containers in the tubes)
- Diced Honeycrisp Apples
- Chopped Pecans
- Melted Butter
- Ground Cinnamon
Instant Spiced Cider Mix
For this recipe, I use Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Mix, original. You can use any brand spiced apple cider mix, but I love these. Just empty four of the little packets of mix out into a bowl.
Steps for Making Apple Spiced Monkey Bread
You can find the complete printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Separate cinnamon rolls. Cut each roll into 4 pieces.
Toss the quartered rolls into the apple cider mix. Arrange 1/3 of the rolls (32 pieces) in a single layer in a well-greased tube pan. (I counted the quartered pieces for you.) That means you should have approximately 32 rolls per layer.
Top with half of the diced Honeycrisp apples and pecans.
Add another layer of cinnamon roll quarters tossed in the apple cider mix. Top with remaining apples and pecans. Then add the final layer of cinnamon roll quarters.
Mix melted butter, one of the icing containers, and ground cinnamon together. Drizzle over the rolls.
After baking for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown, invert onto a plate and let cool for 10 minutes before removing the tube pan.
Before I drizzle the remaining icing over the bread, I invert the bread onto another plate so that it’s top-side up.
Microwave the remaining two containers of icing for 7-10 seconds or until pourable but not too thin. Drizzle over the monkey bread.
You May Also Like These Recipes
- Spice Bars With Cream Cheese Topping
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Cranberry Apple Spritzer Mocktail
- Upside Down Apple Pie
- Delicious Apple Crumble
- Grandma’s Apple Tarts
Spiced Apple Monkey Bread
Delicious Spiced Apple Monkey Bread includes diced apples, spiced cider mix, and pecans.
- 4 packets instant spiced cider mix (.74 oz each)
- 3 tubes (12.4 oz. each) refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 2 medium Honeycrisp apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Add instant cider mix to a small bowl. Separate cinnamon rolls (place icing aside) and cut each roll into quarters. Toss quarters in the instant cider mix.
- Arrange 1/3 (32) of the dough pieces in a well-greased 10-inch tube pan. Top with half of the diced apples and half of the pecans. Repeat with another 1/3 (32) of the dough pieces and top with remaining diced apples and pecans. Top with the remaining 32 pieces of dough.
- Mix the melted butter, one of the icing containers, and cinnamon together. Drizzle over the rolls.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a plate and keep inverted for 10 minutes before removing the pan.
- Microwave the remaining 2 containers of icing until softened (about 10 seconds). Drizzle over the monkey bread and serve while warm.
Amount Per Serving Calories 156Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 11mgSodium 163mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 1g