Sometimes, you just need chocolate. At least I do. Surprisingly, I don’t eat chocolate very often, but sometimes nothing else will do. That’s when this Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake comes into play. It’s a chocolate lovers dream.
I try to eat right 80% of the time. However, on Sundays, I like to have dessert. I guess it’s because that’s the day we had dessert when I was growing up.
Besides special occasions and holidays, Sunday was the day that mama made one of her famous desserts. This Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake is not the chocolate cake she made.
I’ll share mom’s chocolate sheet cake one of these days when I find her frosting recipe. I know I have it somewhere. And I’ll tell you about the time 5 of us ate the whole thing. In one sitting. For reals. But that’s a story for another day.
This Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake is so moist and delicious and I don’t even care that it begins with a cake mix. I often bake cakes from scratch, but there’s no shame in my cake mix game.
Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Combine devil’s food cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed with an electric mixer. Stir in 2 cups chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350º for 50-55 minutes.
Cool cake in a pan on a wire rack for 12 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Combine remaining chocolate chips and cream in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until chocolate melts. Let cool for 15 minutes and drizzle glaze over cake. Garnish with fruit, if desired.
Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake is moist, delicious and is perfect for all the chocolate lovers in your family.
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding mix (5.1 oz.)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil and eggs. With an electric mixer, beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. Stir in 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350º 50-55 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips with the heavy cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until chocolate melts. Cool for 15 minutes. Drizzle chocolate glaze over cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving, garnish with fruit, if desired.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 451Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 63mgSodium 329mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 3gSugar 37gProtein 5g
You May Also Like
Triple Layer Chocolate Mousse Cake
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
White Chocolate Peppermint Mousse Pie