Chicken is a staple at my house. During the summer, we usually grill it. I also have several slow cooker recipes that I make often. Once it cools down, Honey Glazed Baked Chicken is a huge favorite.
When the kids were growing up, I made this chicken often, especially during the fall and winter. It’s a great dish to prepare on a weeknight. It’s also perfect if you have company coming over.
My Honey Glazed Baked Chicken cooks for a while in the oven, so I rarely make it during the summer. It’s just too hot here in South Carolina to have the oven on for that long on a summer day. This is definitely a fall and winter dish.
Honey Glazed Baked Chicken is perfect on a cold winter day. And I can’t begin to describe the amazing aroma. The smell coming from the oven while this chicken is baking will make you so hungry!
My family also thinks this chicken is amazing. It’s tender, flavorful and crispy. I hope you like it too!
Honey Glazed Baked Chicken
Combine flour, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add chicken pieces and coat with flour mixture. Pour 4 Tablespoons of butter into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Place chicken in pan, turning once to coat on both sides.
Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 30 minutes. Combine brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, curry powder, and remaining melted butter. Pour over chicken.
Bake for an additional 45 minutes or until chicken is tender, basting several times with the pan drippings.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken, cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt and cayenne pepper. Add chicken pieces and dredge to coat.
- Place 4 Tablespoons melted butter into a 13x9x2 baking pan. Pace chicken in pan, turning pieces once to coat in butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 30 minutes.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, curry powder and remaining butter. Pour over chicken. Bake 45 minutes longer or until chicken is tender, basting several times with pan drippings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 423Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 81mgSodium 954mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 1gSugar 29gProtein 8g
I like to serve spiced carrots alongside this chicken. You’ll need:
- 5 large carrots, julienned
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Julienne five large carrots. Place carrots in a saucepan, cover with water and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain. Combine butter, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pour over carrots and toss to coat.
If you’re looking for a new chicken recipe, this one is a winner. Try it and let me know what you think.
You May Also Like
Chicken Pesto Pizza