Now that the weather is warmer (yay!) it won’t be long before we will be looking for ways to cool down. This 3 Ingredient Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid Sherbet is perfect for warm and breezy spring days. Once summer hits, it’s a must-make dessert every chance I get. If you want more Kool-Aid recipes, make sure to check out my Kool-Aid Pie Recipes.
When it comes to choosing between ice cream and sherbet, for me and my oldest grandson, sherbet always wins. We just love the cool, creamy, taste of sherbet, especially when it’s so easy to make.
Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid Sherbet
Sherbet is a creamy cousin to sorbet. For this easy recipe, you’ll need 3 ingredients – sweetened condensed milk, 1 package sugar-free lemon-lime kool-aid unsweetened soft drink mix, and 2 cups of Sprite.
This is one of those recipes that is easy to substitute flavors. If you don’t like lemon-lime, use any kool-aid flavor your little heart desires. Watermelon is amazing! You can use 7-Up or any lemon-lime carbonated beverage in place of Sprite.
Let’s Make Sherbet
Whisk together kool-aid drink mix and sweetened condensed milk until well combined. Add two cups of Sprite or your favorite lemon-lime beverage. Mix well.
Pour into a shallow freezer-safe container.
Freeze for about 2 hours or until partially frozen.
Remove from the freezer and place sherbet in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Return to freezer and freeze until firm.
I like to make this sherbet the day before I plan on serving it. I served this 3 ingredient Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid Sherbet this past Sunday, so I made it Saturday afternoon.
Theme Party Flavors
This sherbet is so versatile and is perfect for your next party. You can match colors/flavors to match your party theme.
Some of my favorite flavors besides lemon-lime and watermelon are strawberry, cherry, tropical punch, lemonade, and pineapple.
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (0.15 oz.) lemon-lime unsweetened Kool-Aid
- 2 cups lemon-lime carbonated beverage (Sprite OR 7-UP)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and Kool-Aid.
- Add 2 cups lemon-lime carbonated beverage. Mix until well combined.
- Pour sherbet mixture into a shallow container. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until partially frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and spoon sherbet into a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour the sherbet back into the shallow container. Cover and return to freezer for a few hours or until frozen.
Amount Per Serving Calories 62Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 2mgSodium 12mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 2g
If you like this sherbet, you’ll love these other cool and creamy recipes: