Love Bug Oreo Cookies are adorable and so easy to make! These cookies look like little ladybugs but with heart-shaped designs on top.
Love Bug Oreo Cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day, celebrating an anniversary, or just because. Whenever you want to share some love, you can serve these cute cookies.
This is also a fun activity for the kids!
Ingredients You’ll Need On Hand To Make Love Bug Cookies
- Red candy melts
- Black writing gel or edible marker
- Edible googly eyes
This recipe makes 15 love bugs. Of course, if you need more, it’s easy to double or triple the recipe.
How To Make Oreo Love Bugs
Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Melt red candy melts in the microwave (according to package instructions) until smooth and creamy.
Dip half of each Oreo into the melted candy melts.
To adhere the googly eyes, use a toothpick to put two small dots of red candy melts on the Oreo.
Press googly eyes into the red candy dots.
Once the candy has hardened on the oreo, use black writing gel or an edible marker to make a straight line down the red area. Draw a few small hearts on each side of the line.
Tips For Making Oreo Love Bugs
- If you can’t find red candy melts, you can use white candy melts OR white almond bark and add oil-based red food coloring. Do not use water-based food coloring because it will make the chocolate seize.
- When you place the melted candy melt dots on the Oreos to add the eyes, use a toothpick and make small dots. You don’t want the melted candy to show.
- You can use regular Oreos or Double Stuffed Oreos for this recipe.
How To Store Love Bug Oreos
Store at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to two weeks. You can store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to four weeks.
You’ll Also Love These Recipes!
- White Chocolate Oreo Cookie Parfaits
- Mini Upside Down Oreo Cheesecakes
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie With Oreo Crust
- DIY Candy Buffet
- 15 Oreos
- 1 cup red candy melts
- Black writing gel OR edible marker
- 30 Edible googly eyes
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt red candy melts in the microwave at 50% power for one minute. Stir and continue microwaving at 30-second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Dip each oreo halfway in the melted candy melts.
- To adhere the googly eyes, use a toothpick to put two small dots of red candy melts on the oreo. Attach googly eyes to the red dots.
- Once the candy has hardened on the Oreos, use a black writing gel or edible marker to make a straight line down the middle of the red area. Then, draw a few small hearts on each side of the line.