Pesto Pasta Salad is written by me on behalf of Barilla. All opinions are entirely my own.
Once the weather warms up, I’m all about light and easy meals that take very little time in the kitchen. I would much rather be outside working in my flower garden or watching the grandkids play baseball. Pesto Pasta Salad is delicious and convenient when we need a quick, nutritious meal before heading outside.
My Pesto Pasta Salad begins with Barilla Ready Pasta. It’s cooked in the microwave and is ready in only 60 seconds.
I love that Barilla Ready Pasta is made with three simple ingredients – sea salt, olive oil, and pasta. Each package is two servings, which is the perfect size for my husband and me. Whenever I have company over, I just double or triple the recipe.
My husband and I try to follow the Mediterranean Diet because we can enjoy pasta in reasonable quantities. I’m impressed that Barilla stands for the joy of healthy and pleasurable eating and that they believe true Italian pasta is the best recipe for good living. So do I!
Helpful Hint: You can find Barilla Ready Pasta and Barilla Basil Pesto Sauce in the pasta aisle at your local Walmart.
Now – Let’s make Pesto Pasta Salad in less than 10 minutes!
Pesto Pasta Salad
Toast pine nuts in a small pan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Be careful not to burn them.
Cook Barilla Ready Pasta in the microwave according to the package directions.
Chop the basil and halve the tomatoes while the pasta is cooking.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta, pesto, tomatoes, broccoli, and basil.
Top with pine nuts before serving.
Pesto Pasta Salad
Pesto Pasta Salad is a quick and easy salad featuring toasted pine nuts, tomatoes, and broccoli.
- 1 package Barilla Ready Pasta (Rotini)
- 1/4 cup Barilla Traditional Basil Pesto
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 6 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil leaves
- Toast pine nuts in a small pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring often or shaking pan until golden.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, pesto, tomatoes, steamed broccoli and basil. Stir gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 345Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 8mgSodium 179mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 10g
Interested in more inspirational Barilla recipes? Click here to register for their weekly email newsletter!
You May Also Like