These Salted Nut Squares remind me of PAYDAY candy bars. They are the perfect sweet-salty snack that the entire family loves.
If you like PAYDAY bars, you’re going to love these bars. I’ve been making these babies for years because they are one of my most requested snacks.
The grandkids start asking for these bars every time we begin planning a family beach vacation. I usually make them 2-3 times during the week of our vacation. I have a large family and they go like hotcakes with my crowd!
When I bite into one of these squares, I immediately think of an old favorite – PAYDAY candy bar. To me, it tastes just like a PAYDAY.
The sweetened condensed milk, marshmallows, and the melted peanut butter chips meld together to form a nougat-like center – just like a PAYDAY.
No-Bake Salted Nut Squares
To make these, you’ll need salted peanuts without the skins, butter, peanut butter chips, sweetened condensed milk, and mini marshmallows.
Place half the peanuts in a baking pan. Melt the butter and peanut butter chips in a saucepan over low heat. Add milk and marshmallows and cook until melted.
Pour over peanuts.
Sprinkle the remaining peanuts over the top and press gently.
Refrigerate until firm.
- 3 cups salted peanuts without skins, divided
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (12 oz) peanut butter chips
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Place half of the peanuts in an ungreased 11x7x2" baking pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter chips over low heat. Add sweetened condensed milk and marshmallows. Cook and stir until melted.
- Pour mixture over peanuts. Sprinkle the remaining nuts on top. Press lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving Calories 425Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 9mgSodium 253mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 4gSugar 19gProtein 14g
Every single time I serve Salted Nut Squares, someone asks for the recipe. These bars are great for road trips since they don’t have to be heated or refrigerated once they are firm.
Did I mention that these taste just like a PAYDAY candy bar?
You may also like: