I love easy to prepare party foods like these Sausage Pinwheels. You can serve them for brunch or at your next party. When you don’t have a lot of time but need a delicious party food, this is it. My husband is crazy about these pinwheels and it can’t get any easier than this 2-ingredient party food.
Crescent rolls are so versatile. You can make so many recipes with these babies. From sweet creations like my easy crescent roll cinnamon rolls to savory rolls like these sausage pinwheels, you can’t go wrong when a recipe begins with crescent rolls.
On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent rolls and press all seams and perforations together. Roll into a 14″ x 10″ rectangle. I usually eyeball it since I’ve made these so many times.
Spread uncooked sausage to within 1/2″ of edges. I pat the sausage into a large round disc and place it in the middle of the crescent roll dough. Then I lightly press it to within 1/2″ of the edges.
Carefully roll up from the long side. Cut into 12 slices.
Place 1 inch apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375º for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls (8 oz.)
- 1/2 pound uncooked pork sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent roll dough and press the seams and perforations together. Roll into a 14"x10" rectangle.
- Spread sausage to within 1/2" of edges.
- Roll up from the long side and cut into 12 slices.
- Place 1" apart in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving Calories 100Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 26mgSodium 100mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 7g
This recipe makes a dozen sausage pinwheels. You may want to double the recipe if you’re serving a large group. No one can eat just one!
The next time you need a party food, try these Sausage Pinwheels. They are so delicious and I love the fact that you only need two ingredients – sausage and crescent rolls. It can’t get much easier than this.