Patriotic S’Mores on a Stick are tasty, fun to make (and eat). These S’Mores are perfect for patriotic holidays such as the 4th of July and Memorial Day. If you’re not serving them at a patriotic party, feel free to use other toppings.
I’m always trying to come up with unique ways to make snacks or desserts for the grandkids. These S’Mores are fun for the entire family. Put a stick in um’ or not. It’s totally up to you.
These are not traditional S’Mores. The sweetened condensed milk is heated in the microwave before adding the chocolate and mini marshmallows. The chocolate mixture is spread between graham crackers.
This is a great recipe to make with the kids. Let them measure, stir, spoon, drizzle, etc. An adult needs to handle the microwaving part.
Ingredients for Patriotic S’Mores On A Stick
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these S’Mores. You can find the complete recipe by scrolling down to the printable recipe card.
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Graham Crackers
- Red, White & Blue M&Ms (regular or mini, not peanut)
- Craft Sticks
Additional Toppings for S’Mores On A Stick
You don’t have to wait until the next patriotic holiday to enjoy these delicious S’Mores. Try these additional toppings any time of the year:
- Chopped nuts
- Crushed candy bars
- Crushed cookies
These S’Mores are so cute and patriotic. Plus, they are super easy to put together and so much fun to eat.
Of course, the craft sticks are completely optional. The older grandkids don’t care for them (they are too cool) but the younger grandkids insist on eating these S’Mores on a stick. Either way, S’Mores are messy so have lots of napkins available.
Note: Sometimes, after making these treats, I’ll pop them in the fridge in order to harden the chocolate mixture faster.
Helpful Hint: I purchased the patriotic M&M’s at my local Walmart because my little small-town grocery store didn’t have them. I tried to find the mini M&M’s but all I could find were the regular-sized ones. If you can find mini, buy them.
You May Also Like
- 10 of the Best Water Parks in South Carolina
- Patty’s Pimento Cheese
- White Chocolate Covered Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies PLUS Patriotic Party Tips
- Watermelon Coolers
- Cool and Refreshing Cantaloupe Soup
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 whole graham crackers, halved crosswise
- 12 craft sticks (optional)
- Red, white & blue M&M's
- Pour 1/2 of the sweetened condensed milk into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of the milk chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Stir in the marshmallows.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture evenly onto 12 graham cracker halves. Top with the remaining 12 graham cracker halves. Place on parchment paper.
- Microwave the remaining sweetened condensed milk for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir in the remaining milk chocolate chips. Stir unto smooth. Drizzle the mixture over the tops of the graham crackers. Sprinkle with the M&M's.
- Let stand for 2 hours before inserting wooden craft sticks into the center of each S'Mores.
Amount Per Serving Calories 238Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 8mgSodium 98mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 3g