Apple Crumble has a layer of spiced apples covered with a delicious crumble topping.
What’s your favorite thing about fall? Pumpkins? Football? Colorful leaves?
For me, I’m all about those apples, including Apple Crumble and visiting my favorite apple picking farm, but that’s a whole different story for later. Apple Crumble is an easy dessert that’s best served warm with vanilla ice cream.
When it comes to apple desserts, I like them all. Give me an apple crisp, crumble, pie, cobbler, apple dumpling, baked apples, apple doughnuts, etc. and I’m a happy girl. What about apple pancakes? I’m all in! As you can tell, I love apples!
This apple crumble is perfect when you want to whip up an easy apple dessert without a whole lot of effort. Well, you do have to peel and slice the apples, but you know what I mean.
Whenever I bake an apple crumble or pie, I always use Granny Smith or Honey Crisp. These apples are firm and won’t get all mushy when baking. You don’t want your apples to be mushy.
Difference Between Apple Crumble and Apple Crisp
What’s the difference in an apple crumble and an apple crisp? It’s according to who you ask.
Taste of Home says, “A crumble is a dish of baked fresh fruit, with a streusel crumb topping. The topping is usually made with a dreamy combination of butter, flour, and sugar, with the option to include nuts. Like a crumble, a crisp is a baked fresh fruit dessert, but the streusel topping is less dense and typically includes oats.” I totally agree!
How To Make Apple Crumble
In a large bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add apples. Sprinkle with water and lemon juice. Toss until apples are evenly coated. Spoon into a lightly greased pie pan.
Dot with butter.
In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Stir in flour until smooth. Using a spoon, drop mixture over apples.
Bake for 50-60 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
You May Also Like These Recipes
- Upside Down Apple Pie
- Creamy Taffy Apple Dip (You must try this easy, delicious dip!)
- Apple Bundt Cake With Praline Frosting
- Carolina Skillet Cake
- Cornbread Salad
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples. Sprinkle with water and lemon juice. Toss until apples are evenly coated. Spoon into a lightly greased pie pan. Dot with butter.
- In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Stir in flour until smooth. Using a spoon, drop mixture over apples. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving Calories 413Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 38mgSodium 121mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 6gSugar 48gProtein 3g
Apple Crumble is the perfect dessert on a cool, fall evening. It’s one of my favorite flavors of fall. What’s your favorite fall flavor?