Candy Bar Fudge is delicious and easy to make. You don’t need your stove at all for this one. All you need is a microwave to make this tasty fudge.
There’s something about the holidays that have me craving fudge. This is one of my favorites and it’s so easy to make.
I’ll be the first one to admit that I only use my microwave to heat leftovers. I rarely use it to actually cook something, but in this case, it’s perfect.
Candy Bar Fudge
I like to gather and measure all the ingredients first. It helps the process flow better.
Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil lightly with cooking spray or butter the foil.
Using a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter on medium for 1 – 1-1/2 minutes or until melted. Stir in cocoa powder, brown sugar, and milk. Microwave on high for 1 – 1-1/2 minutes or until mixture boils, stirring once. Stir again and microwave for 30 more seconds.
Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread fudge evenly in the baking pan lined with foil.
In another microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and water. Microwave on medium for 2 – 2-1/2 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring once halfway through the cooking time.
Stir in peanuts and microwave for 45-60 seconds or until softened. Quickly and carefully, spread the caramel mixture over the fudge layer.
In a 2-cup microwave-safe glass measuring cup, heat semisweet and milk chocolate chips on medium for 2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice during the cooking process. Spread over the caramel layer.
Cover and chill for 2-3 hours or until firm. Use foil to lift fudge from the pan. Peel off the foil and cut fudge into squares before serving.
Microwave Safety Tips for Making Candy Bar Fudge
- Read and follow the directions in the owner’s manual.
- Use the correct microwave power settings. When it comes to microwave terminology, one size doesn’t fit all. The term, medium, can mean 40% power on one brand and up to 70% on another brand.
- Use microwave-safe bowls. It’s best to use round containers. Square containers tend to cook food unevenly.
- Clean the inside of the microwave after each use. Don’t forget the inside of the door. An easy way to clean the microwave is to fill a microwave-safe bowl halfway full with water. Add a Tablespoon of white vinegar. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes. This process will steam up the inside of the microwave and loosen dried-on food splatters. Carefully remove the microwave-safe container and wipe out the inside with a clean dishcloth.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Line a 9x9x2-inch pan with foil. Extend the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray with cooking spray OR butter the foil.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter, uncovered, on medium for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until melted.
- Stir in cocoa powder, brown sugar, and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 - 1-1/2 minutes or until mixture boils, stirring once during the cooking process. Stir again and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread fudge evenly in the foil-lined pan.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and water. Microwave uncovered on medium for 2 - 2-1/2 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring once. Stir in peanuts. Microwave for 45-60 seconds or until softened. Carefully and quickly, spread the caramel mixture over the fudge layer.
- In a 2-cup microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl, combine the semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips. Microwave on medium for 2-1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring once during the cooking process. Spread over the caramel layer.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or until firm. Use foil to lift the fudge from the pan. Peel off foil and cut into squares to serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 30 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 162Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 9mgSodium 92mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 3g
You May Also Like