Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies begin with a family-sized brownie mix. A cream cheese layer is added before baking. These brownies are topped with a simple chocolate frosting. Then the fun begins!
I’m thrilled when the grandkids want to come over and bake with me. Coming up with recipes they enjoy making is fun. These Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies become reindeer (hey, use your imagination) and everyone’s happy.
Since I’m cooking with the grandkids, I decided to use a brownie mix from a box. It just makes things easier. I’ve learned a few ways to gussy up a boxed brownie mix.
Welcome to the 12 Days of Holiday Ideas
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas event, hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and Erlene of My Pinterventures Between Nov. 11th and December 6th there will be hundreds of new ideas shared by over 55 Co-host bloggers!
Go here to see our kick-off collection of Holiday ideas as well as all of this year’s talented participating DIY and Foodie Blogs. Download this year’s November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
We are hosting a BIG GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year! Be sure to scroll all the way down for more information and to enter to win!
How To Make A Boxed Brownie Mix Taste Homemade
- Add vanilla extract – I use this trick when I use a boxed cake mix as well. This simple addition really amps up the flavor.
- Frost the brownies – Frosting brownies elevates the flavor.
- Add a candy bar or cheesecake layer – I added a cheesecake layer. You could also add a chopped candy bar.
- Add coffee instead of water – I didn’t do that with this recipe because, well, the grandkids. I often add coffee to bring out the flavor of the chocolate.
- Make Brownie Cupcakes – I love to bake brownie cupcakes. I usually add a peanut butter cup to the center and you don’t need frosting at all.
Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
Line a 13×9 baking pan with foil. Let the ends extend up and slightly over the sides. Grease the foil.
Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the package. Spread into the foil-lined pan.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and cornstarch until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the brownie batter.
Bake 40-45 minutes at 350ºF, or until the top is lightly browned. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
Once the brownies are cooled, use the foil to remove the brownies from the pan. Spread chocolate frosting over the brownies. Let sit a little while to harden.
Cut into 12 squares. Cut each square into a triangle.
Attach mini pretzels and candies to make reindeer faces.
Of course, the kids have to eat a few pretzels while they are creating reindeer.
I hope you enjoy making and eating these chocolate cheesecake brownies!
The grandkids sure did have a blast! So did I!
Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
Delicious Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies begin with a box of brownie mix. A cheesecake layer tops the brownie mix and frosting covers the cheesecake layer.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (family size)
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 48 candy eyeballs
- 24 red candies (red hots or M&M's)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 13x9" baking pan with foil, letting ends extend over sides. Spray the foil with cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix as directed on the back of the box. Spread into baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and cornstarch until smooth and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour cheesecake mixture evenly over brownie batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until the top is light brown. Cool.
- To make the frosting, combine butter, milk, and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and let boil for 45 seconds. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate chips and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour over brownies. Cool completely.
- Once the frosting has cooled, cut the brownies into 12 squares. Cut the squares into triangles. Attach candies and pretzels to make reindeer faces.
Amount Per Serving Calories 299Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 36mgSodium 105mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 0gSugar 38gProtein 3g
If you love brownies, you’ll like my other brownie recipes!
Double Chocolate Chip Brownies
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
MEET OUR SPONSORS who have generously donated fabulous prizes for the Big Christmas Giveaway!
DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
Zulay Kitchens winner will receive one Milk Frother and a Lemon Squeezer valued at $21
It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019, and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of six winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only.