You only need 5 ingredients to make No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares. Layers of peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and chocolate – what’s not to love?
If you’ve been following my blog very long (and you know you should), you probably know that Sunday is Dessert Day at my house. It’s when the family comes over for Sunday lunch (we always called it Sunday dinner when I was growing up!)
I cook for the whole bunch (16) and we gather every Sunday after the church service. Sunday is my favorite day of the week. Family, food, and church – what could be better?
Dessert is always made ahead of time on Saturday.
On Sunday morning, I get up early to get as much done as possible before attending church. Then, it only takes a few minutes to finish up when I get home from church.
Let’s get on with the recipe!
Ingredients for Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares (complete printable recipe at the end of the post)
- graham cracker crumbs
- peanut butter
- semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- powdered sugar
Use Your Microwave To make Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
You’re going to love how easy this recipe is to make. The butter and peanut butter are combined and melted in the microwave before stirring in the graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar.
Press the peanut butter mixture into a 13×9 inch baking dish.
Microwave the chocolate morsels and remaining peanut butter. Stir well and spread over the peanut butter mixture. Cover and chill in the fridge.
When you’re ready to serve these delicious bars, let them stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting them into squares. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
What type of peanut butter should I use to make Peanut Butter Squares?
You can use smooth or crunchy peanut butter in this recipe. I prefer smooth because some of the grandkids can’t stand the texture of crunchy.
Why sift powdered sugar?
You’ll notice in the recipe card that this recipe calls for sifting powdered sugar. Sifting powdered sugar helps remove any lumps.
Because powdered sugar absorbs moisture from the air, it can harden into lumps and this can affect the texture of your desserts. Sifting removes the lumps and fluffs the sugar by adding air.
More Tips For No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
- When adding the graham crackers, stir in 1 cup at a time. It’s easier to stir together.
- To cut into squares easier, line the baking pan with foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang. It’s easy to lift out of the baking pan before cutting.
- This recipe can be cut in half! Use an 8×8 baking pan. Chill time remains the same.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
You May Also Like These Delicious Recipes
- Best Ever Lemon Squares (a family favorite)
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- My Favorite Cupcake Of All
- Chocolate Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Frosting
- Red Velvet Squares
Easy Peanut Butter Squares - Microwave Recipe
Butter, graham crackers, and peanut butter are mixed together and pressed into a 9x13 inch baking pan. Melted chocolate is poured over the top. These delicious dessert squares are chilled before serving.
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 (12 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- To make the peanut butter layer, combine the butter and peanut butter in a glass 2-quart bowl. Cover with a paper towel and microwave for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs and sifted powdered sugar. Press into a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- To make the chocolate topping, combine semi-sweet morsels and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave in 30-second increments until melted and smooth. Stir and pour over the peanut butter mixture. Spread evenly.
- Cover and chill until firm (about 1-1/2 hours). Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Anchor Hocking 2 Quart Ovenproof Glass Batter Bowl , Clear , 2 L -
OXO Good Grips Freezer-to-Oven Safe 3 Qt Glass Baking Dish with Lid, 9 x 13,Clear,9 x 13"
Flour Sifter Stainless Steel Large Sifter for Baking and Powdered Sugar Flour Sieve 4 Cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 221Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 20mgSodium 157mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 4g