Lasagna Rollups are pretty, delicious, and easy to make.
I always looked forward to weekly pasta night when I was growing up. We usually had spaghetti, a salad, and garlic bread. When I close my eyes, I can almost smell the aroma of the sauce simmering on the stove and taste the buttery crunch of mom’s garlic bread.
These days, I carry on mom’s tradition when I host my own weekly pasta night. Lasagna Rollups may be a little different from the spaghetti mom used to make, but pasta night always takes me back to those homestyle Italian meals mom made for us.
You all know how I like to kick things up a notch in flavor, but that doesn’t mean I have to slave over the stove all day in order to serve my family a hearty, delicious meal. That’s why I depend on Ragu® sauces.
The ingredients are peeled, chopped, and simmered with a special blend of herbs like basil, fennel, and oregano. I love that there are no artificial colors, artificial flavors, or high fructose corn syrup. They take the time to make the sauce hearty and homestyle, just like mom used to do.
Ingredients For Lasagna Rollups
- Ragú Old World Style® Traditional Pasta Sauce
- ground beef
- lasagna noodles
- parmesan cheese
- ricotta cheese
- mozzarella cheese
Easy Homestyle Lasagna Rollups
My easy homestyle lasagna rollups are so easy to make. Let’s get started!
Place the lasagna noodles in a pot of boiling water and cook according to package directions. In a skillet, brown the ground beef, drain, and add 1/2 jar of Ragu® Old World Style Traditional Sauce. Set aside.
Mix the cheese and egg together.
Spread the cheese mixture on the lasagna noodles and top with 1/2 cup of sauce.
Place half of the leftover sauce into an 8×8 baking pan. Roll up the lasagna and add the lasagna rollups, seam side down. Cover with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Ragu Old World Style Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Bring water to a boil and cook lasagna according to package directions. Rinse under hot water and set aside.
- Brown ground beef and drain. Add ½ jar Ragu sauce to meat.
- Combine the egg, ¼ cup parmesan, and ricotta cheese.
- Spread cheese mixture onto each noodle. Top with ¼ cup meat mixture and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese and roll up.
- Place ½ of the remaining sauce into an 8x8 baking pan. Place rolled up lasagna seam side down on top of pasta sauce.
- Top lasagna rolls with the remaining sauce, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving Calories 369Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 92mgSodium 440mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 27g
Check out more of my delicious recipes below!
- Best Mexican Lasagna
- Easy Family Dinner Ideas
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Italian Dinner Party Ideas
- Best Casseroles For Every Occasion
Originally published in August 2016 and updated on August 4, 2021