Lemons – how I love every single thing about your citrusy goodness. You are full of vitamin C and vitamin C is my best friend – hello, collagen – because we need vitamin C to produce collagen. From lemonade to Lemonade Poke Cake, I’m all about lemons.
According to Medical News Today, lemons have so many health benefits. And, because I follow the 80/20 rule (eat healthy foods 80% of the time and indulgent foods 20% of the time) I enjoy Lemonade Poke Cake from time to time. I mean, lemons, right?
I’m crazy for easy recipes, especially cake recipes that are made in 9×13 baking pans and have lots of glaze on top, like this Honey Bun Cake.
Lemonade Poke Cake is another easy cake that is always a hit at parties. Poke cakes have been around for a long time and you can find any flavor you like – from chocolate to strawberry and of course, lemonade – my personal fave.
Lemonade Poke Cake
For this recipe, you’ll need a lemon cake mix. Don’t worry. We’re going to transform this cake mix by adding a small box of instant lemon pudding and 4 eggs. Of course, we’ll add oil and water too. (Check out the recipe below).
Combine the lemon cake mix, lemon pudding, eggs, oil, and water together in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed for two minutes. Pour batter into a 9×13 baking pan.
Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
While the cake is cooling (10-15 minutes), make the glaze by mixing thawed lemonade concentrate and 3 cups of powdered sugar.
Poke holes in the cake while it’s still warm. You can use the end of a wooden spoon, a skewer or even a large plastic straw to poke the holes in the cake.
Slowly pour the glaze over the cake and let cool completely. (I store this cake in the fridge.)
Cut into squares and serve with a dollop of whipped topping.
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 small box (3.4 oz.) instant lemon pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 6 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lemon cake mix, lemon pudding, eggs, oil and water. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into a 9x13 pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350º or until a toothpick inserted near the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool on a rack for about 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together the thawed lemonade concentrate with the powdered sugar.
- Poke holes in the warm cake with the end of a wooden spoon. Slowly pour glaze over cake. Let cool completely before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Cut into squares to serve. Top each square with a dollop of whipped topping.
Amount Per Serving Calories 197Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 32mgSodium 188mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 0gSugar 26gProtein 2g
You May Also Like