Low Carb BLT Chaffles are so delicious! Eggs and mozzarella cheese are cooked in a waffle iron until crisp. Add mayo, bacon, lettuce, and tomato, and make a sandwich – just like a regular BLT. The chaffle takes the place of the bread!
What in the world is a chaffle?
A chaffle is a low-carb “waffle” made with eggs and cheese. Cheese plus eggs cooked in a waffle iron equal chaffles!
If you’re doing low-carb or keto, you will love these chaffles. I’m a BLT lover but I’m trying to cut back on bread so these are just the thing to satisfy my BLT cravings.
Ingredients For BLT Chaffles
- mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
How To make BLT Chaffles
To make BLT Chaffles, I use a Presto Waffle Flip-Side Waffle Maker. I linked it down below in the recipe card.
Preheat waffle iron. Spread half the cheese on the iron. Pour the beaten eggs over the cheese. Top with remaining cheese. Close iron and cook until steam stops (about 5 minutes) and the chaffle is crispy.
Cut the chaffle in half and spread mayo on one side of both chaffles. Add bacon, lettuce, and tomato to one side of the chaffle and top with the other side.
Questions About BLT Chaffles
- Does the chaffle taste like eggs? No, they really don’t. I can smell the eggs while they are cooking but the chaffles come out light and fluffy. (I’m not much of an egg person and I promise these do not taste eggy at all.)
- How do I know when the chaffle is done? I cook mine for 5 minutes, about the same time the waffle iron stops steaming.
- Can I use a mini waffle maker? Yes! Just pour half of the batter in when making a chaffle.
- Can this recipe be doubled? This recipe makes one chaffle. You can make as many chaffles as you need. Each chaffle is made with 2 beaten eggs and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Make sure the chaffle is cooked until crispy.
- I’ve found that if you mix the eggs and cheese together before cooking, it just doesn’t taste as good. It’s best to follow the directions on the recipe card.
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon. Drain and set aside.
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Spread half the cheese on the iron. Pour the beaten eggs evenly over the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Close iron and cook until crispy and steam stops (about 5 minutes).
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of each chaffle. Add the bacon, tomato, and lettuce to one chaffle. Top with the other, mayonnaise side down. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 416Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 422mgSodium 585mgCarbohydrates 5.9gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 26g
You’ll love the recipes below!
- BLT Pie (so, so good!)
- BLT Tacos
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Waffles
- Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 28 Chinese Takeout Recipes