I once participated in a “for real” cookie exchange with some of my blogging buddies. I decided to whip up a batch of my Shortbread Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Of course, I couldn’t just stuff some cookies in a tin and call it a day. Since I was mailing them halfway across the country, I wanted to make the cookies a little bit special, so here’s what I did.
I found the cutest little cookie box at World Market.
Then I saw a Moose cookie cutter and knew I had to grab it, too. I wish I had bought one for myself. It’s just too cute.
The brown and white parchment paper features owls, trees, and nuts. You can see a little bit in the above pictures.
I not only used the parchment paper to line my baking sheets, but I cut a couple of pieces to fit the inside of the box to nestle the cookies. Speaking of cookies – these are some of my favorite cookies. They are buttery bites of chocolate goodness and so easy to make. You’ve got to try them.
Shortbread Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients At A Glance
(the complete printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post)
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Shortbread Chocolate Chip Cookies Boxed And Ready To Ship
The box of cookies is ready to be shipped, complete with the recipe, cookie cutter, and a red and white tea towel – all wrapped up in a Christmas bow! I placed the finished product in a sturdy box, surrounded with bubble wrap to ensure the cookies wouldn’t crumble.
Check Out More Of My Delicious Cookie Recipes!
- Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- Lemon Basil Shortbread Cookies
- 12 Of The Best Holliday Cookie Recipes
- Cookie Exchange Party Ideas
- Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Miracle Peanut Butter Cookies (no flour!)
- Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300ºF and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool in pan on a baking rack for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to rack and cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 338Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 20mgSodium 37mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 7g
You May Also Like