Brownies just happen to be my husband’s favorite dessert of all time – all brownies, any brownies, and especially my Macadamia Nut Brownies.
These rich chocolate brownies aren’t too sweet so the powdered sugar frosting adds just the right amount of sweetness.
My husband likes to add a big scoop (or 2) of vanilla ice cream to his warm brownies. When he’s around the brownies never have time to cool completely.
The ice cream begins to melt as soon as it hits that hot brownie and creates an explosion of flavor when you bite into it. It’s hard to say no to a second helping!
I’m crazy about the macadamia nuts, especially in brownies. I’m nuts for nuts – all nuts and Macadamia nuts are a huge favorite. And I don’t think a brownie should ever be left naked.
The creamy white frosting is the crowning jewel on these babies and adds a beautiful contrast to the dark chocolate.
Ingredients For Macadamia Nut Brownies (printable recipe card below)
- unsweetened baking chocolate bar
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- chopped Macadamia nuts
For the frosting, you will need:
- powdered sugar
Helpful Hint: When you’re ready to cut the brownies, use the ends of the foil to lift them out of the pan, remove foil, and place them on a pretty tray. Cutting the brownies is much easier this way (this coming from a person that can not cut a straight line at all).
When I’m don’t have macadamia nuts, I make these brownies with chopped pecans.
If You Like Macadamia Nut Brownies, You Will Love These Recipes
- Tropical Macadamia Nut Trail Mix
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
- Double Chocolate Chip Brownies
Macadamia Nut Brownies
Macadamia Nut Brownies are full of flavor and have a fluffy white frosting. These brownies are a favorite at my house.
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped Macadamia nuts
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with foil, letting the edges overlap the ends of the pan about 2 inches. Spray with cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a large saucepan on medium/low heat, stirring frequently to keep from burning.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisking until well mixed.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder and stir until smooth. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for approx. 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat all frosting ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread on cooled brownies.
Amount Per Serving Calories 378Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 62mgSodium 165mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 2gSugar 35gProtein 4g