Mango Peach Cupcakes has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved. Mott’s is a registered trademark of Mott’s LLP. #MottsAndMinions #CollectiveBias
Officially, the first day of summer is a few days away. Unofficially, I’m already there.
To celebrate the beginning of my favorite season and the upcoming Minions movie, I decided to bake some mango peach cupcakes. Since M is for Mott’s, Minions, and Mangos, I figured we’d go outside the banana box today! For even more delicious cupcake options, see my 17 best cupcake recipes.
Use Applesauce Instead of Oil!
I normally use applesauce instead of oil when baking, so I was thrilled to find Mott’s Mango Peach Applesauce at my local Food Lion. I couldn’t help but smile when I saw the limited-time-only Minions packaging and can hardly wait for the new movie from Universal (in theaters July 10th).
Mott’s Applesauce is gluten-free and an excellent source of vitamin C. When using Mott’s Applesauce for baking, always use equal amounts (1/2 cup of oil = 1/2 cup of applesauce.)
Try All These NEW Applesauce Flavors!
Strawberry BA-NA-NA applesauce in 4-pack pouches (also in singles were available)
- Pouches are perfect for on the go!
- Gluten Free
- Excellent Source of Vitamin C
Tropical BA-NA-NA applesauce in a 6-pack of cups
- Gluten Free
- Excellent source of Vitamin C
Tropical BA-NA-NA juice drink in a 6-pack of 8 oz bottles (also in singles where available)
- Tropical BA-NA-NA juice drink has 40% less sugar than fruit juices
- No artificial sweeteners
- Bold taste that kids and Minions love
- 100% daily value of Vitamin C
- Gluten Free
Mango Peach Cupcakes
Follow the directions on the cake mix box, using Mott’s Mango Peach Applesauce instead of oil.
Scoop the cupcake batter into paper-lined muffin tins and bake at 350º for 17-20 minutes or until done.
After the cupcakes have cooled completely, frost, add eyes and draw goggle straps. Wasn’t that easy?
Best Ever Cupcakes
My son said these were the best cupcakes he had ever eaten. The applesauce gives the frosting a subtle mango/peach flavor and melds deliciously with the cream cheese. And he immediately knew they were Minion inspired.
- 1 - 16.4 oz. French Vanilla cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Mott's Mango Peach Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Mott's Mango Peach Applesauce
- 1 8-oz. block cream cheese, room temperature
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- Candy eyes
- Black gel pen
- yellow food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Place 24 cupcake liners in muffin tin.
- Blend cake mix, eggs, water and Mott's Applesauce on low speed until moistened. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes (follow directions on the cake mix package).
- Meanwhile, make the frosting by beating cream cheese until creamy.
- Add 1/2 cup Mott's Mango Peach Applesauce and mix until well blended. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time until well combined.
- Next, add 5-6 drops of yellow food coloring to frosting and mix well.
- If the frosting is too thin, place in the refrigerator for an hour to thicken. Frost cupcakes.
- Add eyes and use the black gel pen to add goggle straps.
Serving Size1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving Calories 345Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 33mgSodium 181mgCarbohydrates 75gFiber 1gSugar 66gProtein 2g
Are you ready for this summer’s Minions invasion?
You May Also Like These Delicious Cupcakes
I’m in cupcake heaven! What’s your fave flavor?