This post, Flamingo Cupcakes, contains affiliate links. I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Flamingo Cupcakes are a big hit with friends and family. It’s one of the top cupcake recipes in my 17 Best Cupcake Recipes.
I simply love flamingos! My husband and I are headed to a secluded island soon. I have read that flamingos roam this tropical paradise. I hope to capture more than a few photos of these beautiful birds.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram to keep up with my hunt for flamingos in the wild.
Until then, I’m celebrating all things Flamingo with a Hello Summer party including these amazing Flamingo Cupcakes!
As you probably know by now, my parties have to be fabulous, frugal, and easy to throw together.
A Flamingo Party needs a cute little invite, don’t you think? I created these Flamingo invites and you can download them FOR FREE by clicking this link >>>> Hello-Summer-Party-Invites
If you’re planning on throwing a summer bash, Flamingo Cupcakes will definitely be the star of the show. These are not only pretty, but they taste just as good as they look.
Let’s Make Flamingo Cupcakes
- 1/2 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 C. milk
- 3 C. powdered sugar
- 1/3 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp. milk
- Pink gel food coloring
You will also need the following:
- Pink cupcake liners
- Disposable piping bag
- Star frosting tip
- Wilton Flamingo Icing decorations (these are currently at Walmart)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine the butter, eggs, sugar, baking powder and milk, mixing well.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3 full with batter.
- Add 1-2 drops of pink gel food coloring to the remaining batter and add about 1 tablespoon of pink batter to the top of the white batter.
- Use a toothpick to gently swirl the pink batter into the white batter.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. Insert a toothpick around 18 minutes. If it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
- Remove the Cupcakes from the oven and let cool completely.
- Combine the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract and milk.
- When the frosting reaches your desired consistency, add a few drops of the pink gel food coloring and stir to combine.
- Attach the star frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and fill with frosting. Gently squeeze the frosting out of the piping bag in a circular motion and frost each cupcake.
- Repeat with remaining cupcakes. Top each cupcake with a Flamingo decoration.
Flamingo Party Decor
This Flamingo Tablecloth is perfect for a Hello Summer party.
You Will Also Love These Recipes!
- 20 DIY Flamingo Inspired Crafts and Recipes
- Chocolate Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Frosting
- Flamingo Grill Copycat Lobster Bites