Do you have that one go-to cookie recipe that you know will never fail? These no-fail Easter Shortbread Cookies have never failed me and they are so easy to make.
I can always depend on my no-fail 4-ingredient shortbread cookie recipe. Not only do these cookies melt in your mouth, but they are a breeze to make.
You may want to double the recipe for my No-Fail Easter Shortbread Cookies because they disappear very quickly.
Sometimes I frost them and sometimes I just sprinkle them with pastel-colored sugar crystals. Here’s an easy recipe for icing.
Over the years, I’ve acquired a nice collection of cookie cutters. I’ve tried many cutout cookie recipes that didn’t work for me.
See one of my cookies fails here! I finally realized that I was rolling the dough way too thin and/or not working with thoroughly chilled dough. Live and learn.
I always use unsalted butter for all of my baking. I’ve found that the store brands work just as well as the expensive butter when it comes to baking.
I love how my shortbread cookies turned out. I finally made a cutout cookie that I’m actually proud of. Does that mean I can eat more than one? Yes, it does!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- White sparkling sugar or spring-inspired colored sprinkles
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, a little at a time, beating at low speed until smooth.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Roll dough into 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut with a 2" cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle evenly with sparkling sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 183Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 31mgSodium 93mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 2g
Do you have a favorite Easter-inspired cookie?
You may also like: